ATE Brake Pads

Just getting prepared for the first ever change of brake pads on my 2007 R27 :smile:

Looking forward to see the options non trackcar setups people recommend,

I did use standard Brembo pads in my previous 197, but to be honest they were worse than the factory pads, nothing special in terms of bite and lasted circa 50% of the mileage the original pad did with the same driving style.

So here I am, thinking whether to go for the Ferodo DS Performance, but the car has never been tracked before, and most probably will not be in the future, so found the ATE brake pads, I dont know if these are such a great pad compared to the OEM to be worth almost as much as the performance Ferodos or what? still as I understand its a standard, non motorsport product, maybe these will dust less than the Brembo's or TRW ( which I believe are the factory fitted brand )

Would appreciate your help / opinion on the subject :smile:

id go for DS2500 all day long perfect for any road condition and will last on a good blast over the moors or equivalent,

id not run anything else now, mine proved there worth on a few track days, the ring, every day driving

ATE normal pads are for normal street use. Nothing special there. Maybe not ideal for track.

Thanks, will check the DS2500 availability, the ds performance ones I take it they're between an oem pad and the ds2500 correct?