Asda sold petrol at 12.9p

I hope this wasn't a April fool. But those lucky sods in Yorkshire! I don't suppose that included anyone here?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-12939234

Asda sold 12.9p petrol by mistake in BradfordAsda has admitted drivers paid just 12.9p a litre for petrol after staff put a decimal point in the wrong place.

About 50 motorists stocked up on unleaded fuel at the petrol station in Rooley Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, on Thursday.

Drivers queued up to use the automatic card-payment pumps for about two hours until the mistake was spotted.

Some motorists also filled up petrol cans with the bargain fuel after word spread around the city.

An Asda spokesman said: "For a couple of hours some lucky customers got some petrol at the wrong price at our Rooley Lane store."

I heard about this too. Seems im never lucky enough to get this.

It happened in Newbury when i was younger about 15 years ago and could'nt drive, My nan filled the tank up from empty for £2.50 lol.

I found out about this last night. It wasn't an April Fool (well I guess the only fool was the forecourt manager lol) I would love to have benefited from it, I would have even used normal rather than super for once!

I found out about this last night. It wasn't an April Fool (well I guess the only fool was the forecourt manager lol) I would love to have benefited from it, I would have even used normal rather than super for once!

ex-forecourt manager you mean :thumbsup:

Similar Thread Suggestions