Are you a good driver?

So I drive around in my van ALL day long and do over 50,000+ a year of local miles so on the road approx 5 or 6 hours a Day on average. Anyway I have the car as a toy to once and a while have a play with as I drive it probably 2 or 3 times a month. So when I do I like to push it slightly getting things going ways they shouldn't :wink: but last night I had 2 friends in the car and they said after the journey (and during) said I was a bad driver :/ now my argument is that personally I would say I'm an experienced driver and I never take risks that would en danger anyone.

i just have a habit of scaring people. Mind you none of my friends are in to cars in the slightest which is why I think they are like it. Anyway does anyone else have this issue?

I've had that experience, my dad went mental when I took him out for a quick drive through some twisties as he wasn't used to a car that could handle it. (wasn't pushing)

Just think it comes down to what they have experienced, when you've not got a hold of the controls everything feels quicker!

I couldn't comment on your driving skills or say if you are a good driver. I know plenty of people that drive for a living and they are shocking drivers. You see it all the time from can drivers, taxi drivers and van drivers. whether that be driving too close, inappropriate speed for the conditions or not considering other road users.

Another factor in being a good driver is taking your passengers into consideration, if they don't like fast driving then don't drive fast, their reactions could cause you to lose concentration

I am a good driver! Reason?

[video=youtube;mAgggyUdVw4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAgggyUdVw4[/video]

I am a UPS man :wink:

Hi Chris I've followed you a few times now and I would say you DO not take any Risks and drive with in safe manner my self you have been in a car with me judge your self

Lol yes kev think your a faster driver than me. i only have fun when no one else is around. things like coming of a roundabout and having a quick flick thrn planting the throttle. i supose if you arnt around people that have cars that handle well and people in to cars and motorsport you just see a car as something to get you from a to b.

Fernandez i do agree there are some shocking drivers around and i do ser them all the time. i used to ride bikes aswell so i suppose the whole ride like everyones out to kill you is still in my head so i try and anticipate what others are doing or are going to do. I also NEVER drive hard with others in the car but i suppose they dont know what my skills are to an extent so if they feel a little 4 wheel drift then to them youve lost control.

To be honest, I am the same, coupled with the fact the 182 stays locked up all week, so I drive the Saxo to work, drive a restricted van all day, then VTR back home. When the 182 comes out at the weekend, it feels like Concorde!

But I drive safe, always! Lost too many people in my life due to driving inabilities!

ive had my moments when i do stupid things and think afterwards that could have gone very wrong, but i tend to learn from it
everything feels closer to the edge from the passenger seat though

Best off presuming you're a terrible driver rather than Senna reincarnate, leads to fewer "watch this!" moments.

You'd have to define what you call good driver?
As already said just because you spend a lot of time behind the wheel doesn't mean you're a good driver.
Additional driver training IAM, ROSPA etc will give you better car skills and make you a safer driver but does that mean you're good.
Trackdays and track training will get you better lap times and show you just what a car can do.
Not having any accidents could also mean you are concidered a good driver.

But the old man down the road has never had any accidents but never goes above 40.
Or to put it another way Jenson Button is a good driver so is Seb Loab . who is the better driver?

I hope you guys know I'm no boy racer or anything like that. As far as I'm concerned yes I drive quicker than most but I don't put anyone in danger at any time. In the year I hay the Clio only twice did I ever feel I had lost control of the car and each was for about a second (one was at the the ring in a cold and wet October day with cold yoko's and the other was me stupidly taking my foot off the throttle so got a bit loose lol) which always amazes me how people crash a Clio as mine almost seemed to talk to you and say "if you push anymore then I won't like it" it gave you so much time to react to what was happening and even my other half said this yesterday. She actually misses the grip and zero wheel spin the Clio gave.

it it just makes me laugh when I see how others drive and even my other half and then people say I'm bad :/ I would class myself as experienced and in no way a fast and cocky driver. People will see this at brands next month I'm sure. I don't s

On the roads I've never had an accident that was my fault. Neither have I received any points for speeding. As Angel said I judge my driving on my passengers. I despise being a passenger in anyone else's car as I just freak out at not being in control.

On the track however erm it's a different story haha :smiley: