Are sports cats worth it

Good question - i'd like to hear some real-World experienced answers too. Couple of BHP improvement at most if your lucky ?? But might also make it more responsive perhaps as it would be a bit less 'choked'.............?

For what its worth - with my front CAT gone due to the Toyo manifold, i've not had a single issue with EML's, and i fully expect it to be MOT compliant [If not wanting to completely get rid of one of the CAT's; is partly your reasoning / worry ?]. ie: One seems to do the job !

******Anyway - hope thats what you meant and didn't mean something like below :smile:

tumblr_lz0e00v26P1rod4goo1_500_zpskay13kqg.jpg

Good question - i'd like to hear some real-World experienced answers too. Couple of BHP improvement at most if your lucky ?? But might also make it more responsive perhaps as it would be a bit less 'choked'.............?

For what its worth - with my front CAT gone due to the Toyo manifold, i've not had a single issue with EML's, and i fully expect it to be MOT compliant [If not wanting to completely get rid of one of the CAT's; is partly your reasoning / worry ?]. ie: One seems to do the job !

******Anyway - hope thats what you meant and didn't mean something like below :smile:

I'm not thinking of getting rid of the cat just fitting a sports cat. You can lose the first cat and won't get eml light on but will if lose rear cat. I'm keeping first one but replacing rear one

Reactions: sevenfourate
never knew why people do this in the first place..what affect does it have??

never knew why people do this in the first place..what affect does it have??
Increase in BHP at the cost of torque unless remapped I believe. More useful on a turbo when you want to get the exhaust gasses out as quick as possible

Crikey I like a pussy that frequents the gym

From past experience most people don't bother with them on these cars. The pre cat in the manifold will pass an Mot alone, then decatting the main cat, that has been the most popular option...

They are quite pricey tbh.