ARB droplinks

Jack Maxwell

Paid Member
Car has a set of AST coilovers on it now so riding lower.

Heard good things about fitting adjustable drop links once lowered.

Anybody got any guides on fitting and adjusting to remove any preload? Doesn't seem to be much on here about them.

Nice. You ideally need to have your coilovers/springs of choice fitted and setup to height before you can decide which length link you need eh?

Nice. You ideally need to have your coilovers/springs of choice fitted and setup to height before you can decide which length link you need eh?

Incorrect, OEM links are 280mm. When you lower the car you'll actually need a longer drop link so the 245mm-305mm ones are the ones you want. I went with the JOM ones not because the cost but they will go to 320mm. As i'm quite low on coilovers i thought the Superpro ones would run out of adjustment before 'im able to set the pre load to zero. They come with a 12 month warranty from ECP so if they are crap and break in 6 months ill just take them off and get them replaced.

Incorrect, OEM links are 280mm. When you lower the car you'll actually need a longer drop link so the 245mm-305mm ones are the ones you want. I went with the JOM ones not because the cost but they will go to 320mm. As i'm quite low on coilovers i thought the Superpro ones would run out of adjustment before 'im able to set the pre load to zero. They come with a 12 month warranty from ECP so if they are crap and break in 6 months ill just take them off and get them replaced.

How much adjustment do you have remaining on the drop link at your current height?

With my ASTs the point where the link attaches to the coilover can be moved up and down the body of the shock on the threads. That surely means I dont actually need adjustable drop links as the mounting point is adjustable?

1582344939798.png

With my ASTs the point where the link attaches to the coilover can be moved up and down the body of the shock on the threads. That surely means I dont actually need adjustable drop links as the mounting point is adjustable?

View attachment 138434

Correct Jack, you want to move the ARB collar on the coilover that same way you would an adjustable ARB droplink