Anyone know this Clio 197?

Apparently it's sold anyway. Seemed cheap despite the bit of work that needs to be done. (If that is the only bits that need addressing).
It would be converted to a track car anyway so keeping it serviced at a main dealer isn't a concern or priority it would be done via an Indy so £1500 to sort only the areas mentioned seems a lot.

Could be one of many reasons why he's not addressed the outstanding work. More issues that noted, lack or funds, time or commitment etc... Will never know now.

The search continues......

Apparently it's sold anyway. Seemed cheap despite the bit of work that needs to be done. (If that is the only bits that need addressing).
It would be converted to a track car anyway so keeping it serviced at a main dealer isn't a concern or priority it would be done via an Indy so £1500 to sort only the areas mentioned seems a lot.

Could be one of many reasons why he's not addressed the outstanding work. More issues that noted, lack or funds, time or commitment etc... Will never know now.

The search continues......

Belts probably needed changing.

says well looked after yet it needs work, alos means it could need all the belts done too, ball joints, hubs....full service could mean anything.......

Afternoon Guys

I actually bought this vehicle after some in depth conversations with the owner, I have purchased this vehicle to turn it into a track car as I have a company vehicle, I found out from the current owner as to why the work hadn't been done etc and the reasons are as follows, he had the car and via promotion to a Bank manager then got a company car and the car had been sitting for around 2 months ( again not a problem as the car is going to get stripped) and he hadn't got the time to getting the bits done so as someone has already stated he took a hit on the price to sell it.

The things that need doing on the car are;
- Cam belt, Water pump, Aux Belt along with a full service ( spark plugs, oil and filter, air filter, pollen filter etc)
- 2 new front tyres
- boot locking switch.
- The bodywork wasn't perfect ( again not a problem) as most of its time will be spent on track.

The car however is very straight and runs perfect, I have receipts for regular oil and filter changes and other services, recent discs and pad changes etc.

So after thoroughly looking over the car with my uncle who is a mechanic I got him down to £3200 which I think is a bargain for what I need the car for.

I will create a progress thread as and when I get round to it as I am exceptionally busy with work.

Thanks.. Dan.