Anyone done a road trip to the Nurburg?

Hi there,

Me and a friend are planning on a trip to the ring' next year, and I was hoping to get an idea of likely cost's from anyone who's done the trip before?

I haven't yet looked into the finer detail of travel etc, but am open to suggestions :smile:

Cheers!

Yes.

Fuel is one of the biggest costs.
Laps are expensive, Trackdays even more so.
Hotels are plentiful but alway book in advance, pretty reasonably priced too.
Food is pretty cheap and there are plenty of options.
Ferry / Eurotunnel is cheap <£80 return if booked well in advance.

I spent about 3k on my last trip but that included a Trackday on the Nordschleife, Insurance and 4 days hotel / food / beer. Also I was paying for two!

Yes.

Fuel is one of the biggest costs.
Laps are expensive, Trackdays even more so.
Hotels are plentiful but alway book in advance, pretty reasonably priced too.
Food is pretty cheap and there are plenty of options.
Ferry / Eurotunnel is cheap <£80 return if booked well in advance.

I spent about 3k on my last trip but that included a Trackday on the Nordschleife, Insurance and 4 days hotel / food / beer. Also I was paying for two!

£3,000 ......what :001_huh:

I've just been this weekend, euro tunnel was 105 return, £350 fuel, hotel was am tiertgarten which I think is the best! 99 euro a night! Food and 2 beers was around 16 euro! Laps are 26euro. Pretty expensive but it is the best experience ever! Words cannot describe it!

So ultimately to go for 2-3 days and enjoy myself and not have to worry about what I'm spending, what is a good budget?

Also if anyone can give me any of the restricitions they have on track I'd be interested to hear what they are!

Cheers

When I went I chose a weekend there so racing on at the GP track to make a proper trip out of it. I have no interest really in truck racing but that what I went to see. It didn't cost to much either, I'd say I had change from £1,200 which included tickets to the racing and into the museum as well as fuel, somewhere to put the head down, food etc. And remember I was coming from northern ireland.

At a rough estimate I'd say you would be looking at 700ish depending on wether you share a room with your mate etc!

I went with a mate for 3 days, sharing all costs except the x4 laps which I paid for. Cost me around £300 and him £200 ish

Stay at a guesthouse instead of a hotel.. it's just a different name for a B&B. Mine was 25eur per night, continental breakfast, job done.

Driving Belgium is pretty dire... and remember to keep some change in euros so you can stop for a p155!

It cost me about £400 for a weekend (Fri-Sun) with 5 laps.

I'm going in July. Group of 12 in total :smile:

We've worked it all out, we've paid the deposit for the hotel and its worked out about £500 each in total inc our beer money and all the rest, splitting fuel, ferry and all the rest. We've gone for a nice hotel so it's cost a little more.

We're going for 4 days.

So ultimately to go for 2-3 days and enjoy myself and not have to worry about what I'm spending, what is a good budget?

Also if anyone can give me any of the restricitions they have on track I'd be interested to hear what they are!

Cheers

I would budget £1k. If you collect clubcard vouchers from Tesco you can get special offers on the Eurotunnel. This year I only had to pay £8 out of my own pocket.

This will vary depending on how many laps you do. 9 laps are just under 300€, 4 just under 100€.

Worth every penny!

I'm here at the moment, i wouldn't go with less than 1,000 Euros personally for 4 days as it's not a place where you want to be limiting yourself in terms of spending money. 9 laps this year are 202 euros but if you're here for 4 days you may want more :smile: I always end up spending more than i expect haha. As others have said accommodation and food are cheap, it's the fuel and laps that kill the wallet

I would budget £1k. If you collect clubcard vouchers from Tesco you can get special offers on the Eurotunnel. This year I only had to pay £8 out of my own pocket.

This will vary depending on how many laps you do. 9 laps are just under 300€, 4 just under 100€.

Worth every penny!

Meant 202€ for 9 laps - Still would budget the same amount though as when you go into the main petrol station shop you'll also want to spend some money on other stuff like models!