200T headlight upgrade - anyone done it?

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
Anyone done any led or hid light upgrades to the headlights on the 200t or 220t?

Seen a company called Nighteye that sell led upgrades, but I'm not sure if they're worth it.

I have a set of projectors with xenons in mine that was converted by Womble. Have a Look in my progress thread for pics.

They look great Chris. Should have been like that from new. The xenons in the 182 were so good and I miss them. I miss them in my Mazda 6, had xenons in my 3 MPS. I fitted some decent Philips normal bulbs to my 6 which has made a big difference. But then the 6 is renowned for how poor the headlights are.

I've been looking at the Nighteye brand ones, but I'm just not sure I can rely on them.

Ideally I'd like a set of the face-lift Clio led lights, front and rear, but I can only imagine the cost of those.

Here, in Spain, rear 100€ each one. The front ones 1200€ both of them. Those prices are from the dealer.

Sent from here

€1200 for the front headlights? That's about £1000! I'll leave it I think!

Here, in Spain, rear 100€ each one. The front ones 1200€ both of them. Those prices are from the dealer.

Sent from here

The facelift front lights have a retail of £481.31 + vat
The rears are £102.00 + vat

Not cheap....

Are the facelift Clio LED headlamps a direct plug n play for a pre-face lift Clio?

Would really love to get one of those.

TYC from Taiwan are making OEM headlight for the pre-facelift Clio just this August, I wonder when would they start making the LED ones

Just share some of what I found for the LED headlamps comparing OEM headlamp and the Initiale version.

LED
942127f7b52968c3.jpg

Xenon
8476201a3d1c449b.jpg

Original
cac3954d50fc9ad7.jpg

The above images are from foroclio forum.

Xenons are a direct fitment for our original headlamps, as they have the same socket(2 numbers) but they are only available for LHD and they cost 1200 euro per set

The LEDs on the other hand has 3 socket instead of the current 2 socket, due to auto headlamp leveling, which would have a sensor (I assume at the rear of the vehicle like the Megane) , which would mean they have a chance to be connected back to the ECU. Our phase 1 clio does not have canbus, so the new clio phase 2 might have canbus(Different ECU?).

I am not sure whether just ignoring the headlamp leveling socket would allow the headlamp to even light up, I am not from the UK so I cant really get to check on the new phase 2 clio to check on the actual wiring for the sensors whether they actually go back to the ECU or the headlamps directly or even where the sensors are actually located.

Those who would like to try, below are the part no :
N/s headlight - 260606051R
o/s headlight - 260105517R
Height Level Sensor - 538214824R

Many thanks to CEDGE73, for helping me on the part numbers!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1