Anybody know MA59 UAE?

i wouldnt be too put off by the number of owners.
If you look back through my car history, there is only one that i have kept for more than a year - that being my old 172 i think.

I'd be looking more through the service books and history of warrantee work/repairs etc. Try and get some idea if the miles are from motorway, or thrashing around.

From a dealer that's pretty cheap considering Renault sold my old 200 cup for £12,995 with 27k on the clocks.

That was my take on it as well, hence my reply back on the first page. Its a Renault main dealer too, not just some guy that claims to be a trader operating from his driveway.

OP why not join the dark side like me, and get a Meg 250 instead for not much more? :hug1:

That was my take on it as well, hence my reply back on the first page. Its a Renault main dealer too, not just some guy that claims to be a trader operating from his driveway.

OP why not join the dark side like me, and get a Meg 250 instead for not much more? :hug1:

Megs are still a touch too expensive for me mate as im not wanting to put much cash towards the swap.

Ive managed to get them down to £11k now with the bonnet repainted white (its only the outside surface that has been changed thankfully).
Thats with 2 years servicing included which must be worth a couple of hundred quid.
The dealer is adamant that it is mint and that the first owner was pre reg.
I must admit that going off the interior picture of the recaro there seems to be no wear on the bolsters, so its either been warrantied or well looked after.

So i think i will risk having a look and a test drive at least and a shifty at the paperwork.

Plus im gonna have a go at shifting mine private.

have a look on here for a thread on the common faults so you know what your looking for when you test drive her! :smile: (if you dont already know... i was just making sure!) :smile:

have a look on here for a thread on the common faults so you know what your looking for when you test drive her! :smile: (if you dont already know... i was just making sure!) :smile:

Will do mate, obviously the gearbox is a biggie to look out for and recaro wear but im not sure ive picked up on much else really.

What have they offered you part ex out of interest?

Your car must be worth £11k + private sale surely? Cheapest SE on autotrader appears to be £11k at 40k miles.

They are going to give me £10500 for mine so its not too bad really, ive been offered as low as £9K.
Maybe make a grand extra private but will see. Mines not an se either its a bluemotion s, you can recognize them by the body kit.

Sounds expensive to me. Owners or miles wouldn't bother me, but...

My 197 with the same miles albeit an 08 was not far off half the price.. I don't belive that 200 is twice the car!

Strangely the reg number doesn't seem to be correct...... It's not recognised by HPI?

I just checked the reg through the dvla plate checker on the direct gov website and everything Tallys up ok.
Obviously those hpi sites don't update there systems often enough!
One to remember for the future.

Hi again,
Ive been up for a look at this clio today and have a few queries for you.

It seems to drive nice apart from a slight pull to the left, is this normal, is it due to the suspension firmness and the road camber? anybody know?

How easy is it to change the center console section that the radio is fitted to as some tit in the past has marked it changing the radio.

Is the glovebox lid being generally crap also a trait? it seems to be a bit more open at one side compared to the other.

other than that, the plate has just been changed from the previous owners so that explains the hpi blanks.

The previous owner was apparently a hairdresser and supposedly drives like a right fanny and was him that fitted the dubious rear tyre (sava!), but otherwise the 3 other tyres were the correct conti sport contact 3's with a good chunk of tread left on them.

I spied a receipt in the log book stating new pads all round in april so thats good.

All the alloys were unkerbed with just some slight marks on spokes which i presume are from stones hitting them, is this normal?

Also apparently the steering ball joints have just been replaced on both sides under warranty are these a common wear problem?

Oh and the gearbox seemed spot on to me with no determinable gear selection problems. I dont think it was cold tho.

Other than all that it looks pretty good apart from that black bonnet and being in need of a few days tlc.

Opinions and feedback required, please.

cheers.

Tracking is probably out. Funnily enough mine pulls to the left, just need to get it sorted.

Center console is easy to take out.

Glovebox's are renowned for sagging. They're crap!