Anybody know MA59 UAE?

Ive been looking for a decent spec used clio 200 for a while now and have finally found what looks to be a good one.
Its up for sale at arnolod clark renault at bishopbriggs glasgow october 09 registered its a ff in gw with recaros, black speedlines, cup pack, cup spoiler and a black bonnet.
The reg is MA59 UAE.

Does anybody know of this car or history? its had four owners and thats putting me off a bit, along with the black bonnet which they will put back to white for me anyhow!

anyhow its up for £11488 with 32k on, am i daft looking at a 200 of that age and mileage?

cheers

Paul.

I would avoid it, far too many owners for a 3 year old car. It will soon be out of warranty if not already. Just hang on and the spec you want will pop up for the right price. Don't rush into it.

The owners wouldn't put me off. There has been a lot of threads on here lately of people having to get rid after realising they can't afford to run them.

Also, the mileage wouldn't bother me....... however, the price does! I'm sure newer, lower milers have been cropping up lately for that sort of price.

buy privately and get yourself a much better deal. meet the owner, talk to them, learn about the actual history of the car. you will still have a car in warranty. mad to pay £11.5k for that car IMHO, especially with that many owners.

i had looked at that blue one actually but its the other end of the country.
As far as buying privately goes that would also mean shifting my golf privately and in west cumbria selling a 10k plus car privately will be extremely hard.
They are giving me two years service and im trying to get either another £500 off it or a two year extended warranty thrown in.

heres some pics anyhow...

MA59UAE_F.jpg
MA59UAE_6.jpg
MA59UAE_4.jpg
MA59UAE_R.jpg
MA59UAE_I.jpg

what you think?

i had looked at that blue one actually but its the other end of the country.
As far as buying privately goes that would also mean shifting my golf privately and in west cumbria selling a 10k plus car privately will be extremely hard.
They are giving me two years service and im trying to get either another £500 off it or a two year extended warranty thrown in.

heres some pics anyhow...

MA59UAE_F.jpg
MA59UAE_6.jpg
MA59UAE_4.jpg
MA59UAE_R.jpg
MA59UAE_I.jpg

what you think?

Impossible to say unless you compare cost to change, not sticker price, as you have a part ex.

At least ring the other dealers and discuss with the part ex in the equation. Surely a trip might be worth saving £1.5-£2k for the same car?

Or do you just want someone to say - 'yes go on buy it'?

Or do you just want someone to say - 'yes go on buy it'?

Not at all mate, ive resigned myself to leaving it tbh unless the dealer either comes down to £11k or throws in 2 year warranty. then ill think about it.

Its just nice to get peoples opinions on these things rather than jumping right in, plus i was hoping it was someones on here at some point.

I'd say that's a little expensive. My FF C/C GW + Black speedline 200 is up privately for £12k and that's on 14k miles and less than 2 years old (60 plate) so even from a dealer that's far more than I'd be willing to pay for that car.

I would avoid it, far too many owners for a 3 year old car. It will soon be out of warranty if not already.

Oldest it could be would be sept 09 so not run out yet but 4 owners in just over two years would have me looking at everything and double checking eveything, HPi check naturally.

Not at all mate, ive resigned myself to leaving it tbh unless the dealer either comes down to £11k or throws in 2 year warranty. then ill think about it.

Its just nice to get peoples opinions on these things rather than jumping right in, plus i was hoping it was someones on here at some point.

Understand that. But if you're part exing your car it all depends what they've offered you for that.

£11.5k with no leeway and a £10k part ex is better than £10.5k and an £8.5k part ex (if i've done my maths right).

I'd be on to the phone for the other 2 similarly specced cars and getting a part ex value based on an honest description of your current car. Get some figures and play them off against each other for the best deal.

You are in the driving seat (metaphorically!!) and can call the shots. Leave it for a week or two and they will be on the phone no doubt. Classic sales technique - just need to play the game and call their bluff. There aren't exactly limitless buyers for these cars at the mo.

Or stick your car up for sale and wait and then pick up a car privately at £9kish or less, depending if you're stuck on the recaros and a particular colour.

Seriously these cars are not going up in value, so sit tight and you will get one at the right price.

Or stick your car up for sale and wait and then pick up a car privately at £9kish or less, depending if you're stuck on the recaros and a particular colour.

Seriously these cars are not going up in value, so sit tight and you will get one at the right price.

I know I should try and shift mine privately really but it's the possibly not having a Clio lined up if it sells and being without a car.
Tbh if it was £9k I'd be the other way wondering why it was so cheap!
Thing is what I'm selling isn't going up in value either so it's swings and roundabouts that way.

I know I should try and shift mine privately really but it's the possibly not having a Clio lined up if it sells and being without a car.
Tbh if it was £9k I'd be the other way wondering why it was so cheap!
Thing is what I'm selling isn't going up in value either so it's swings and roundabouts that way.

No offence to anyone but if you're other car is a golf (diesel?) then it is not depreciating as fast as 200s.

I recently bought a 59 plate 200 for less than £9k privately and other than needing new pads front and rear it's a cracker. Looking on pistonheads the same cars that were around (and overpriced) when I was looking are still for sale. Buyers market.

p.s. what's the spec of your car at the mo?

My current golf is a 10 reg bluemotion, the propper Eco one with free road tax etc. 1.6 tdi 28k miles and it's lost best part of 9k in two years!

My current golf is a 10 reg bluemotion, the propper Eco one with free road tax etc. 1.6 tdi 28k miles and it's lost best part of 9k in two years!

Ouch - that's buying new for you.

Quite a change of car! Presume you're changing mileage / usage and wouldn't be putting any money into a deal?

Personally (and our circumstances, wants and needs are all different) if i had to swap I would be selling privately (you have a highly desireable and saleable vehicle), pocketing a couple of K and buying a cheaper 200.

All depends on your finances and usage but financially the swap will hit you further of course (especially if you part ex).

From a dealer that's pretty cheap considering Renault sold my old 200 cup for £12,995 with 27k on the clocks.