Another Problem!!!

Got the car back from renault, After they had cured my mistake when fitting the subframe back in. Car now starts and goes just fine, but on the way home the steering seemed odd?? It seems to weight up a lot and it doesnt self correct, if I turn the steering slighty it will just hold that position, it wont swing back to straight?

I thought it was just me but let my brother take it for a drive he agrees its not right?
Anyone had experience of this???

did you fit the rack back properly ?

as that bolts to the subframe also ?

The steering works fine at low speeds etc, its bolted up the way it came off. Its when you are at speed it seems to become very heavy and doesnt self correct. Referred to the owners manual and it suggets that in the event of heavy steering when driving it may be the result of low battery. Which could be the case? But you would normally get a warning in the dash stating the low battery? The car was showing this message yesterday when I attempted to start ot for the 100th time to no avail, but it isnt showing it today with car fixed?

I think I read that the dealer can adjust the assistance on the power steering, maybe they did this whilst your car was in for some reason

Sorted!!! it was simple, the coupling joint on the steering in the footwell of the drivers side had been loosened as we had originally thought we would have to remove the steering rack completey, anyway when that was tightened up the metal tubing coming from the steering rack wasnt in the same position as originally, it was lower down thus causing pressure on the rack, loosen it today and it popped by into the original place tightned it back up and steering is as good as new!!! ya!!!!