Another noise! :(

Folks I know its hard to say but I'm getting a noise when revving above 4.5k/5k rpm it does not matter if its in gear or not so I'm a little unsure as to what it is! The snow has finally melted and I needed to give it a little pulling out from my girlfriends car had been running 10-15 minutes so was warm but as soon as I heard the noise (around about 4.5K) I put it in 2nd and the noise disappeared! Anyone any ideas? I will try and get a recording tomorrow cheers

**edit**

Also I have yet to check under the car in case the snow has dislodged something but will report back. Any ideas on what to check would be great

What type of noise mate? Where does it sound like it's coming from? Anything else affected/related? Gear selection?, power?

sorry mate its coming from the passenger side its almost like a click I will try and get a audio sample soonish! nothing else is affected does not matter if its in gear or not power is still there

it will be so hard to diagnose over the internet !

but you will/should have plenty of suggestions :huh:

passenger side is the gearbox/clutch side so possibly clutch release bearing or even gearbox gear chatter

Last edited: