Alpha GTA?

I am no car nut, esp. the ins & outs of ones that I can't afford, but...

I was driving up the A12 today and saw this small Alpha in the layby near Witham... to be honest, most Alphas look the same to me but it was bout Clio size so i'm guessin it was a Mitto... sure it was only 2 door.

As I went past it pulled out of the layby & passed me... It just said GTA on one side of the boot & (P?)2 on the other (& somthing GTA on the number plate). I did't like to look too hard... no point in boosting thier ego (or crushing mine!).

Anyway, I thought I'd look it up on the net and can't find anything to suggest that it is on sale yet... Not that I could afford one...

Anyone else know?

Probably a 147 GTA. My mate had one, its a 3.0 v6 i think!? Very quick, nice to drive. Handling a cant really comment on as i just took for a few goes up a duel carriage way. I like them tho, in white they look smart.

Thanks Mike...

(just googled 147 gta)

No, sure it wasnt one of them... was in a pearlesent white though... did look nice... definately a brand new car... may be some one just added some badges along with the number plate?

Like this...

javascript:blush:penpicwindow('http://www.carenthusiast.co.uk/imagewindow.html?id=89894')

But not like this...

javascript:blush:penpicwindow('http://www.carenthusiast.co.uk/imagewindow.html?id=89787')

my links didn't work...

Was what I was going to say...

The Mito just looks so crap from the front... well generally really, but this did look quite nice.

Oh I dunno... may be it was VBH taking a world exlusive out out for a test run... And I chose to totally ignor her! Damm!

Could it possibly have been their new Guiletta??? (No idea how you spell it though)

Think it is more Astra/Golf size rather than Clio size they look really good in white and are very very new

Adrian, that was the pic I was trying to post... A bit Seat Leon... But it was nice! It didn't seem so bug eyed as the Mito generally is from the front & back!

Any way... aren't Clio Sports great!

... if they had enough power & torque to match the quality of the chassis!

They made an alfa 147gta in pearlescent white, there really rare. 3.2 v6 260 bhp. very quick but that heavy v6 and front wheel drive with no lsd doesn't do its handling any favours.I get to drive them regularly and give me my clio any day!

Best to stay away from those 147 engines, loads of maintain. Cambelt and tentioners are prone to just going! Ive had first hand experience after owning 3 alfas..... never again :smile:

Best to stay away from those 147 engines, loads of maintain. Cambelt and tentioners are prone to just going! Ive had first hand experience after owning 3 alfas..... never again :smile:

My dad had a 156 sportwagon and it was brilliant! They're not renouned for their reliability, but they sure do look good!

they are rapid, but as above...diffs, gearboxes and belts are its weakest bits. Quick car, but if you get your pedal down a second or 2 earlier they need a long road to claw it back when chasing the 197. My friend had a gorgeous white one with the L33 gta plate on. Sounded and looked awesome....but not for me.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions