Alloys....refurb needed?

I'd like to canvas opinions of other RS197 owners...

I now have my eagerly awaited 2007 07 RS197 which has the standard silver 17" alloys. They are all in very good condition with only a very minor scuff to the rim of the n/s front (looks like damage from the recent front tyre change!!).

WIth only 21,000 miles on the clock I am disappointed by the condition of the inner spokes of all 4 wheels: on closer insection they are rough to the touch and stained grey - I assume from brake dust. It looks as though the gloss lacquer has simply dissolved away.....

What hope do I have of Renault UK sorting this out for me? I have only 3 months of the 3-year warranty remaining......

Otherwise, this will be a 4 wheel refurb after winter.....

I'd like to canvas opinions of other RS197 owners...

I now have my eagerly awaited 2007 07 RS197 which has the standard silver 17" alloys. They are all in very good condition with only a very minor scuff to the rim of the n/s front (looks like damage from the recent front tyre change!!).

WIth only 21,000 miles on the clock I am disappointed by the condition of the inner spokes of all 4 wheels: on closer insection they are rough to the touch and stained grey - I assume from brake dust. It looks as though the gloss lacquer has simply dissolved away.....

What hope do I have of Renault UK sorting this out for me? I have only 3 months of the 3-year warranty remaining......

Otherwise, this will be a 4 wheel refurb after winter.....

had all 4 done by Renault bodyshop, they agreed it was the poorly applied paint in the first place that had started it to lift up the paint and lacquer thay have resprayed then inside and out and to be honnest they look better than new.

were they not done when your car was much younger though max.?

at nearly 3. i think they will just say wear and tear.

were they not done when your car was much younger though max.?

at nearly 3. i think they will just say wear and tear.

2 years old mine so yes i also used the excuse i may beupgrading to a 200 dependant on the warranty work and they've been ever so helpful.
it's a good point if 3 years is acceptabe, i certainly think they should last more than that and if they had overlaped the paint round the back of the spokes this would never happen.

similar to my 17's - its mainly just down to poor finish really - mine have never been neglected but the paint fiinish is far from perfect

still wondering wether to have them done next year - just in the shed collecting dust at the moment....

I'm calling my local dealer tomorrow about a dodgy, over-sensitive alarm :@! so I'll mention the wheels then. I'm not holding my breath....