Alloy cleaner what's the best?

Hey ppl just recently got a clip cup 197 and is amazing but a pain to keep
Clean. Just wondering what was the best alloy cleaner to use?

Wrong section but there is a whole host of cleaners out there. It really depends on how bad you wheels are. Personally I'd wash them with a normal car shampoo first and then hit them with some iron x and some tardis to get rid of the contaminants and then some clay action to et them perfectly clean before sealing them with some G/techniq C5 wheel armour so all you need to do in the future is wash with a sponge.

If you can be bothered with the above (it takes hours to do) then is recommend Sonax Full Effect wheel cleaner. Much more effective than Billberry.

Last edited:
Ironx then keep on top of them with any wheel cleaner and a good sealant... Don't know of a sealant off the top of my head so you'll have to do some searching, but I've seen 3-4 month old sealed wheels come up as new after a quick wipe

really depends on the state of them and how clean you want them!

as a guide

cleaner, tar remover, iron remover, brush/s, clay and wax.

personally i use autosmart wheel cleaner (watered down 5-1), auto smart fallout remover (better than iron x imo but doesn't have a bleed agent to keep costs down), EZ detail brush & swissvax wheel brush, swissvax paint rubber and then swissvax autobahn wax

Apple Fairy liquid and my sister hair brush.......

Failing that, Billberry, Iron X and Autoglym wheel cleaner/sealant thingy that I have

same for me as most people have said but never use a tar remover as never get much build up of tar on the wheels tbh.

(if bad):
Valet pro billberry wheel cleaner
brush after 5 mins
wash
Iron-X
brush after 5 mins
wash
Valet pro billberry wheel cleaner
wash
Valet pro citrus pre-cleaner on tyres
brush after 5 mins with a hard (nail cleaner style) brush
wash
Chemical guys wheel guard
Chemical guys new look trim gel

steven

I have quite a bad build up of brake dust on my front alloys, got some Iron X through this week to see if it can shift it.

I will post updates.

If you can get hold of a rep my vote would go for auto smarts ' smart wheels'
It's a cracking cleaner!
And as other people have said, get some iron x if you've got any stubborn marks you can't shift. :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jay_197RS Clio 197 Area 13
JWrs Clio 197 Area 9
montana Detailing 21
LukeRS Detailing 11
C Detailing 23