All systems go - House move time!

Chrisgti6

East Midlands Rep.
So, we just exchanged on out new house completion is next Friday (16th) Here's where we've bought! It was the garage that sold it to me due to it being 3.9m wide. The decor, carpets, main bathroom etc will all be changed in the next few weeks so ignore all that!

It is on the next street to us, all of 30 seconds away from where we live so the actual move should be fairly simple. Our current house is only a small 2 bed semi so we don't have too much stuff to move.

Question:- Is there anything that people commonly forget to do when moving house? I've sorted gas/elec, water, tv licence. I've got Virgin Media to speak to and then the general adress change stuff (banks, HR, car insurance etc etc)

Anything obvious that i'm missing?

Common mistake..... getting a taxi home to the wrong house after a night out, not that I have ever done that :s :drunk:

Next time I move am gonna write it on a piece of paper and pass to taxi driver lol

Common mistake..... getting a taxi home to the wrong house after a night out, not that I have ever done that :s :drunk:

Next time I move am gonna write it on a piece of paper and pass to taxi driver lol

ha ha ha! at least with our new place being so close, I won't have far to stumble if/when that happens!

driving license and insurance :smile:

I need to do a name change on my licence too (changed my surname when we married, unsual I know!) so I can kill 2 birds with one stone there.

Dr's, dentist, pension company, mobile phone contract people, old bank accounts which you don't use it have forgotten about, your boss.
Take meter readings from anything that has a meter then turn very thing off at fuse box and stop cock....yep I said cock :smile:

It's amazing how much good value you get up North.

My 2 bed FLAT is worth about 140k lol

I'm London way tho.

Last edited:
New house looks great mate! Id move upto Broadmeadows in a heartbeat if the other halfs parents didnt live so close!

House prices are relative though, and I'd hardly call where I live 'the north' either. Further north than London but not exactly Newcastle!

Ha, ha. I woke my old house on 3 occasions wondering why my key wouldn't fit and one or two shandy's :innocent: