Akrapovic exhaust sound

Hi. Garage just fitting the exhaust today and sounds better in real life than on u tube vids but when comming off the throttle at about 3000-3500 revs it sound quite tinny. Just wondering if this is normal or u think it may be rubbing on something?

At curborough tommorow so if you guys could have a listen. Never had a performace exhuast so may be the norm.

Thanks

High pal how's the upgrades I never noticed it tinny just make sure the tail pipes are lined up in the middle and not touching the funnels.

Hi buddyboy sounds epic. Will check tommorow in the morn. Just comming down the revs about 3000-3500. You got ur st yet?

Not a new system done about 8k

Yeah mate got the ST but not had a chance to get photos as weathers been pants. As for exhaust if fitted properly it should clear the funnels easy or could be vibrating on something underneath try revving it from standstill and listening . Did you put the k tec induction on yet ?

Bang the middle silencer and also the rears with your fist when the exhaust is cold

Could be the baffles in the silencers

I had my mid silencer go twice and my rear once

Akrapovic replaced them under warranty with no issues

Took to the car to the garage this morning and the baffles of the centre exhaust have gone. If i didnt get bad luck i would get no luck at all.

Akrapovic must source their baffle material from the same place Renault buy their synchros for the 197/200 gearbox.

Akrapovic must source their baffle material from the same place Renault buy their synchros for the 197/200 gearbox.

Very true statement...

I can't believe that such a premium product has been developing the same problem since its launch day and Akrapovic still hasn't done anything to rectify it. Yeah ok their customer service is spot on (they did replace mine as well, middle and rear) but this is not good enough tbh. They had to resolve such a common problem, this is embarrassing to say the least! A friend of mine got a brand new system a week ago back in Greece and the middle silencer started rattling the NEXT day...