AirCon

Anyone ever had there AirCon, changed, "re-gassed"?

Does it really work?, mine has become very inaffective :worried:

Had mine done at the stealers, they took a reading before and then re-gassed it and was 2'c colder...Not sure I can feel the 2'c difference but it's cold at least!!

I've had mine done twice in the last month. I think there is a problem with it though as it's making very strange noises. Back to the stealers I think!

my air-con did absolutely nothing at all, so i got it re-gassed today at kwik-fit for £49, now when i turn it on the system makes a noise... and that's it, the air never gets any cooler

so back to kwik-fit tomorrow to tell them it doesn't work, then probably to the dealers for some warranty work :worried:

just to update, i took the car back to kwik-fit (birstall) today and explained the situation. they re-gassed it again (free of charge of course) and it now works beautifully, it's silent in operation and the car was freezing by the time i got home. they were very apologetic that it wasn't done right first time and suspected it wasn't filled sufficiently hence the noise and ineffectiveness

Thats weird. I think the operation is entirely automatic... Either way, its fixed :smile:

Can you describe the noise the aircon made when it was half empty after the first regassing attempt?

My Megane's aircon is kinda noisy and doesn't seem to be that effective this summer...

Like a whiring noise mine made and is still making now, after it's been regassed twice. It needs to back, but it's finding the time to take it again.

it made a hissing noise to start with, then after a few seconds a whining noise started aswell. the noise was very noticeable inside the cabin, but couldn't be heard from outside of the car. also, the whining noise would stop if i revved the engine, then start again after 4 or 5 seconds at idle revs, hope this helps

Hmm.. Thats not the noise my Megane makes, but either way, its going for a regassing.

Question: are you guys satisfied by the performance of your 197/200's A/C?

My car is black so its harder for the A/C to cope with the greek summer, but I still think its a bit weak...

I measured the temp of the air coming out of the aircon exhausts... With 30 degrees ambient temp in my parking garage I measured 5.9 degrees Celsius with recirculation on, which is pretty good... However, whilist driving, with the sun hitting the car etc. and ambient temps of 36-37 degrees I measured around 10-11 degrees.. Could be better...

Renault deems performance satisfactory if the cold air is measured in an enclosed space at anything below 10 degrees with the car stationary and recirculation on btw.

The a/c isn't brilliant TBH, it never was on my mk2 Clio either. My missus' SportKa gets really cold, you have to turn it off after a while!