Aircon Service

Rogue

Platinum Member
How much would this usually cost?

I need to get mine done, as my it's not blowing that cold. I think it needs a re-gas.

If you are sure there are no leaks and just a re-gas it can vary from 30-40 from your 'gas & go' people/garages. Not best idea if you have an empty system and filling without proper eval means you could be paying twice if there is a leak etc

I see you are in essex and Ive used auto aircon direct on my civic prior to the clio. They serviced and filled accordingly. cost was 70.

Part of the service include a vacuum test and compression test with ultra violet dye for a small charge if it is not included in the service cost..usually included

shop around there are plenty of mobile providers down your way and outer london.

sorry long answer

It probably does only need re-gassing but seeming as it's only about £20 more for the full service and has probably never been done, I'll probably do that.

Halfords do it for £69 (Although I won't use them)...at least you came back with the same ballpark figure.

I had mine done in the alfa at my local kwik fit, was only £49 IIRC and they test it first for leaks, if it leaks then they don't fill it.

Do quick fit still do it. They had a promise cooler or yr money back thing a while ago and then thought they stopped. Decent service also have ultra violet dye and leaks are then easily spotted even if slow.

Who ever does it should check leaks under vacuum and compression. They are not as bad and lots of competition with lots of cars with aircon. Try a cash.. Guy did it cash for me some time ago. ;-)

its usually £30-40 for a "service"

but ask them what they do - if its just a "top-up" of gas not so good !

but a full vac down and collection - check and refill with ultra violet leak detector etc then fine

its a simple job of just connecting a machine and it does all the work so not "labour intensive"...