Aircon issues

Chris

Bad cop
So had my aircon regassed about a month ago at halfrauds, they said it still wasn't working and I just left it there.

Had it in the local garage today, just for half a day to see if they could find anything, they found a pipe leaking just behind the engine mount on the left hand side, replaced that and now its holding pressure fine, but still not working, something on the electrical side, before they ran out of time.

Is there anything I can easily check myself (the little fuse under the steering wheel for climate is fine), as I don't want to rack up the bill. I know theres vast things it could be, but any simple checks so I can discontinue them?

Any help appreciated.
Chris

Check to see if the compressor spins when you turn the air con on would be first check, if it doesn't then it may have no gas in it but I take it your garage topped it up with gas.

Most likely your compressor isn't kicking in then, so either a sensor such as the pressure switch on the aircon system that's broken which means aircon pump won't know when to kick in or the compressor is knackered.

Well the climate still wants to react, still tries to cool the car when its hot inside on auto. So id guess it might be the compressor then, cheers mate.

Not necessarily it could be the pressure switch or the wiring to the compressor. The auto climate will still cool the car down if the a/c isn't working. If you pop the bonnet and try and look for the compressor (bottom of engine front drivers side) and look for the clutch engaging. If it is spinning there is gas in the system and the switch is working if not you will have to start testing !!!!!!!

ive got exactly the same problem. had it pressure tested, gassed and it held pressure yet when you push A/C the revs drop but the compressor isn't running. just wondering if theres an inhibit signal from the ecu or something?