Airbox Flow Rates...

Willis

The Gatekeeper
Platinum Member
I've been doing a bit of reading and it appears that the Clio V6 Airbox has a flow rate of 11.5L/Second with the OEM Filter installed. So, with a replacement K&N/ITG/Green/K-Tec fitted inside I imagine it will be a little bit higher still.

Does anybody know the flow rate for the 197/200 Airbox? I'm in the process of looking but it's proving difficult to find out. Similarly, the 225 Airbox doesn't seem to have any such information published for it, that I can find at least...

Cheers!!!

Will

Not sure mate but heres some pics of my V6 set-up. Batteries in boot in custom ally box and I had made some stickers of the R27 roof decals to jazz it up a bit. The plan is gonna make another custom box and cover it in grey carpet to keep it OEM. Not happy with the pipe from airtake to TB (its twisted) so gonna have a custom one made now I'm fitting the enlarged TB. The other issue is CAI into the box. Cup racers run without wheel liners so thats not an issue for them. I've looked at it loads of times and wonder if there would be any merit in getting more air into the box.
If you look at the current one, CAI must be minimal as the opening doesn't really line up with the front grill and the hole behind the grill is really small. I'm guessing the pipes there for airflow as oppose to ram air.

Last edited:
Nice and neat that!!! :smile:

Could the Airbox itself be turned around so that the opening on it was facing towards the grilles?

Nice and neat that!!! :smile:

Could the Airbox itself be turned around so that the opening on it was facing towards the grilles?

Thanks. Theres a lot of work to get it neat. The fuse boxes are attached to original battery cage so you have to relocate them so you can still get at them. I bought the Cup airbox plate from RS so it sat properly (clips in) but cup racers gearbox mounts are different so had to customise the plate to sit on top of gearbox....Also fitted another Battery postive terminal, taken from 3 series BM (cause their batteies are also in boot) - just in case need to jump start it, didn't need to access battery then. Its simple now I've done it once but at the time I did wonder was it worth it.

I asked the same question before actually having one to hand. The airbox cant be turned around without having to cut up the box, which defeats the purpose. Oh, the pipe from airbox to TB is different size at both ends so you just cant just customise any pipe. They also cost bloody £90!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure mate but heres some pics of my V6 set-up. Batteries in boot in custom ally box and I had made some stickers of the R27 roof decals to jazz it up a bit. The plan is gonna make another custom box and cover it in grey carpet to keep it OEM. Not happy with the pipe from airtake to TB (its twisted) so gonna have a custom one made now I'm fitting the enlarged TB. The other issue is CAI into the box. Cup racers run without wheel liners so thats not an issue for them. I've looked at it loads of times and wonder if there would be any merit in getting more air into the box.
If you look at the current one, CAI must be minimal as the opening doesn't really line up with the front grill and the hole behind the grill is really small. I'm guessing the pipes there for airflow as oppose to ram air.

Thanks. Theres a lot of work to get it neat. The fuse boxes are attached to original battery cage so you have to relocate them so you can still get at them. I bought the Cup airbox plate from RS so it sat properly (clips in) but cup racers gearbox mounts are different so had to customise the plate to sit on top of gearbox....Also fitted another Battery postive terminal, taken from 3 series BM (cause their batteies are also in boot) - just in case need to jump start it, didn't need to access battery then. Its simple now I've done it once but at the time I did wonder was it worth it.

I asked the same question before actually having one to hand. The airbox cant be turned around without having to cut up the box, which defeats the purpose. Oh, the pipe from airbox to TB is different size at both ends so you just cant just customise any pipe. They also cost bloody £90!!!!

Heres a pic of the BMW terminal.....(ignore the bit that says this one)

Last edited:
Ah nice one, like the look of that. It'll keep everything nice and neat. :smile: