Airbag light won’t go out

Miked5

Paid Member
Ive followed the how to thread to add 3.3ohm resistors to get rid of the airbag light following bucket seat install but the light is still on the dash.

On measuring the resistors they measure 3.5ohm instead of 3.3, can the SRS module be this sensitive?

Does anyone have CLIP in the North East that is willing to turn the light off for me for some cash money?

There is a switch on the rail that lets the car know that the seat is not pushed forward to allow someone into the back its not just suppressing the airbag resistances.

Ok I’ll have another look into it to kind how to frig the switch. So you’re saying it’s a different resistor rating for the airbags?

No the airbags are normally the same rating, but the drivers seat has a switch that lets the car know the seat is not tipped forward I'm not sure if it has a resistance to show that its connected here is a link to a section

Airbag

1719002827609.png

Whilst Turkie might be correct... I changed my standard front seats for VXR recaros and left all the plugs unplugged and untouched. I used RSTuner to disable all seat airbags (and other airbags that I had removed).

Have you removed both driver and passenger seatbelts too? If so, this is your problem, you'll need to bop 1 x 3.3ohm resistor for the passenger belt plug and 2x 3.3ohm resistors for the drivers side. This was the only thing I couldn't disable through RS Tuner but RSTuner was able to tell me it had an open circuit for the seatbelt pretensioner(s).

Note: Disconnect the battery whenever you do anything airbag/electrical - always wait ~10 minutes before messing with airbags especially. If you added the resistors with the battery connected, try and disconnect battery for ~15 minutes and see if that changes anything.

Tried the resistors for the seat belt pre tensioner aswell but still no look with clearing the light off the dash.

Looks like I’ll have to find someone local with CLIP