acknowledging people

Just a random question,

When I had my clio I acknowledged other 200 or 197 drivers. I don't know if I am meant to do it to fellow st drivers.

Thoughts?

I would imagine they are less friendly purely because we have so many joke situations of stuff falling off that shouldn't things doing stuff they shouldn't and we all help each other out. Fords are solid no need for this therefore no freindships

Have to disagree there, had a ford for a fair few years and been on FiestaSTOC for 4 years and people are always letting on to each other. Comes down to the fact you are enthusiast rather than what car you drive IMO

I often acknowledge Corsa VXR owner's by hanging out the window and shouting

"GET A REAL CAR "

and I giggle like a little girl every time I do it

^ I do that too...........then realise im in a 95bhp diesel - FML

However I do overtake them at the next bend when they are parked in a hedge

Bend???

I think you'll find that's the mcdonalds drive through section :wink:

Tbh even most Clio or rs megane owners don't wave anymore. A good 95% of drivers used to around 10 years ago but there are too many out there now that most just see it as another car rather than something special like they used to be.

Sad times :worried:

Bend???

I think you'll find that's the mcdonalds drive through section :wink:

Tbh even most Clio or rs megane owners don't wave anymore. A good 95% of drivers used to around 10 years ago but there are too many out there now that most just see it as another car rather than something special like they used to be.

Sad times :worried:

Don't worry Pen i'll be sure to wave at you if I see you!

I have waved at every MK3 RS i've seen as I always get a stern face as a reply. Admitedly never have the chance to wave to a fellow 197netter.

To the OP, i depends if you feel the car is exclusive enough to enthusiasts (therefore would probably wave) although I don't think the ST is 'rare' enough to warrent a wave. Maybe whilst it's in it's infancy :wink:

I often acknowledge Corsa VXR owner's by hanging out the window and shouting

"GET A REAL CAR "

and I giggle like a little girl every time I do it

Haha this made me chuckle.

But to the OP I think you can sometimes tell if they are an enthusiasts. I give a wave or flash (of the lights) to any RS, even had a 80 odd year old in a 200 with his mrs give a mutual nod to each other. But I also drove past a GTR and exchanged a polite nod with the driver.

I always tend to wave/flash at other 197/200s. Only when I'm in mine though, if I'm in the van people think I'm weird :smiley:

I always tend to wave/flash at other 197/200s. Only when I'm in mine though, if I'm in the van people think I'm weird :smiley:

Lol I done this today when I was on the phone to Tom as I was following his old car all though the 2 guys were looking at me in their mirror strange but then I did have the vivaro a bit side ways :wink:

I've acknowledged a few RS drivers in the past, most of the time I don't get any kind of acknowledgment back though.

I used to always get a wave/flash back from other 197/200s but NEVER from early Albi 197s. Weird.

I got a wave from another Panda 100hp owner the other day. A 75 year old woman :thumbsup:

I used to always get a wave/flash back from other 197/200s but NEVER from early Albi 197s. Weird.

I got a wave from another Panda 100hp owner the other day. A 75 year old woman :thumbsup:

You've pulled! :wink:

Should organise a Panda day at How Fast and invite her along :smiley: