ABS ESP "braking fault"

Hello there guys !

Got a Clio 200 on a 59 plate and having a (slightly)big issue, having paid for a local garage to diagnose my cars fault (read charge me 40 quid to get a fault code ) then not have a clue how to fix it ! I'm trying to avoid the local stealer

Symptoms : ESP light on , ABS light on , spanner on , STOP light on , handbrake warning light on .

History: for a short amount of time poss a week after changing battery the above lights came on and for the lock to lock ESP trick worked and the lights turned off then lights came on and stayed on .

Fault : abs doesn't work and before the lights came on for the last time the ESP had just kicked in and the dreaded beep beep and lights.

Fault codes returned were brake circuit fault and esp circuit fault.

I have tried , testing brake sensor (well removed pulled the plunger out and replaced and it clicked back) topped up brake fluid , is there anything I have missed ? An little tricks or possible diag I could do myself

Thanks in advance guys !

i know it sounds a bit daft but check all the fuses - cabin and under bonnet - theres quite a few to check (one fuse box is under the second air inlet of the air box n/s wing)

Don't suppose you have pics ? Have checked the cabin one (under steering wheel to the left ) checked the one that are on the edge of the battery bay .

Thanks for that fox ill have a little look in the morning got a supplementary issue now in the exhaust department ! O2 sensor fault code , hoping its this that randomly causing it seems like there is no link but hey ho

Thanks for that fox ill have a little look in the morning got a supplementary issue now in the exhaust department ! O2 sensor fault code , hoping its this that randomly causing it seems like there is no link but hey ho

Did you ever cure this issue, I'm having the exact same problem!

Hello there guys !

Got a Clio 200 on a 59 plate and having a (slightly)big issue, having paid for a local garage to diagnose my cars fault (read charge me 40 quid to get a fault code ) then not have a clue how to fix it ! I'm trying to avoid the local stealer

Symptoms : ESP light on , ABS light on , spanner on , STOP light on , handbrake warning light on .

History: for a short amount of time poss a week after changing battery the above lights came on and for the lock to lock ESP trick worked and the lights turned off then lights came on and stayed on .

Fault : abs doesn't work and before the lights came on for the last time the ESP had just kicked in and the dreaded beep beep and lights.

Fault codes returned were brake circuit fault and esp circuit fault.

I have tried , testing brake sensor (well removed pulled the plunger out and replaced and it clicked back) topped up brake fluid , is there anything I have missed ? An little tricks or possible diag I could do myself

Thanks in advance guys !
You need to check resistance at the wheel sensors

the correct code reader will be able to tell you which wheel speed sensor is at fault