A/C failure

Dear friends,
from the very first days with my RS3 (bought Oct.2006) i constantly face problems with the Air Condition. He refuse to work. Note that I allready have changed the compresor unit after a factory decall. He worked properly for about 6 months and then again failed. Note that i live in Greece and the A/C thing is crucial for me. Please if you have some similar occasions to solve this problem post your suggestions

Hello

Have you tried to Re-Gas the airconditioning?

When mine failed, the re-gas seemed to solve the problem.

The air con on the clio is not the best there is!!!

Hello

Have you tried to Re-Gas the airconditioning?

When mine failed, the re-gas seemed to solve the problem.

The air con on the clio is not the best there is!!!

What do you mean by "re-gas" the a/c? If you mean to change the fluids of the a/c i have allready changed once but i worked for just couple of days.

If the gas only lasted a few days I think you have a leak. I think garages can put ink in the a/c which will show where the leak is.

What do you mean by "re-gas" the a/c? If you mean to change the fluids of the a/c i have allready changed once but i worked for just couple of days.

Yes, change fluids :smile:

If the gas only lasted a few days I think you have a leak. I think garages can put ink in the a/c which will show where the leak is.

I think I may have a leak then lol

Mine has been in to Renault twice about the a/c, so they have put a UV dye in with the fluid that can then be used to trace the leak. It seems to be ok now, but is booked in for Monday to have it checked. The a/c isn't a strong point by tho looks of things!

Mine has been in to Renault twice about the a/c, so they have put a UV dye in with the fluid that can then be used to trace the leak. It seems to be ok now, but is booked in for Monday to have it checked. The a/c isn't a strong point by tho looks of things!

yes a uv dye can be put in the "liquid" is lubricating oil which is carried in the refrigerant gas

mine needs gassing as far as i know the levels are as follows -

gas - 530g +/-35g
oil - 135ml +/- 10ml

and the system is not very good compared to other cars