888's, tuition, very wet = fun

I'll post up some more when i finally sort it all.
That one was no' 9 i think, some of the day was dry.
Chasing an exige was good for 20 mins, he moved over for some but not me. Was really getting in my way by braking to early. But had too much grunt on the straights.

it did look like fun tbh,

but i thought they held up quite well in those conditions. for that type of tyre anyway.

i did think they were going to be alot worse than that. lol

Looks a fun day !

The 888's are great tyres the uneducated people at track days always say 'oh your braving runing with them on' but in reality the regulars all have them wet or dry. You actually learn the cars characteristics much quicker in the wet with them on due to the hightened feel they give.

drivers like that exige driver do my box in, they pull over for you and keep the boot down whats the point. You only catch them again at the next set of corners. I was stuck behind an S2000 for 3 laps and he surprisingly never pulled away on the straights, neck and neck all the way which resulted in me getting very fed up and coming in.

Steve, what camera and mount are you using as im looking into getting one ???

bloody hell, that reminds me of when I drove a single seater round there on my 18th birthday. Exactly the same weather, I got soaked and couldnt really see anything as my visor was steamed up. Not good flying down the craners at 90+ mph when you cant see anything!

What sort of price is this....got my 40th coming up....might have to get some tuition on Brands Hatch.....

Anyone used 888's on a 197 for road use yet?

I've only ever used mine to drive to and from the track and at the most 1-2 weeks to get rid of any graining if there is any.

I wouldn't use them as a first choice tyre as when you hit standing water (and you will trust me :laugh:smile: with them it's a brown pants moment, then theres the price of them. Your better sticking to having two sets of wheels imo.

ive got the r888s on mine and yep they are well noisy, im glad someone else has said that to i thought my bearings were f**ked!!