64mm TB

so i had this arrive in the post today,

after reading what everyone else's clio's took to them i was a little aprehensive...

so fitted it right away, started the car and it almost died on me, throwing up CHECK INJECTORS, ESP and sapnner light was on...

so i turned it off and left it for 10 minutes started the car up again and there was no change whatsoever i then decided to switch back to the stock TB when i discovered i had forgotten to plug in the cable!

so i pluged it in and thought i'd try my luck.

again there was no change so i turned off the car left it for 5 minutes and went to start it up again.

it did so with an almighty roar and revved upto 3 and a half then came back down to 1 again as its always sat on since having the inlets matched,

left the car running for 10 with no further problems or error lights to be had...

turned the car off and left it for an hour went back out started her up and she started up fine took her out for a road test around camp,

i found that the acceleration is improved and the car feels more powerfull and stronger
its only being used against the standard airbox with the k-tec panel filter so far

will try it from a cold start in the morning and see if there is any difference and report back

thanks for reading

Glad it finally got there mate hahaha!

You might find the idle a bit erratic for the next week or so until you put some cold/warm starts and cold/warm traffic idling through her. I managed to get cold and warm start sorted in the space of an afternoon and now she's good in traffic too just with the occasional 1,200-1,500RPM idle, which I'm sure will right itself in the next week or so.

Glad it finally got there mate hahaha!

You might find the idle a bit erratic for the next week or so until you put some cold/warm starts and cold/warm traffic idling through her. I managed to get cold and warm start sorted in the space of an afternoon and now she's good in traffic too just with the occasional 1,200-1,500RPM idle, which I'm sure will right itself in the next week or so.

i see, its idling fine sat still... hopefully it will sort itself out sharpish:smile: any change on long drives??

To be honest 90% of the time when I stop in traffic the idle is bang on where it sat with the standard TB, it's just done it a couple of times where it's sat slightly higher.

Bear in mind that I'm using the V6 Airbox too though so there's a lot more air than standard for the ECU to get its head around. I'm sure with a few more miles it'll be 100%, and once mapped it'll show. the true benefit of it

yes true, once mapped it should be spot on,

im having my v6 airbox fitted soon too so i'll see how it copes

Just stop posting POSITIVE reviews and it'll be OK. :smiley: :smiley:

haha! well i have no negative feedback, the 197 seems to have taken very well to the new TB,
acceleration is increased and slightly faster mid range feels alot more powerfull and the noise is louder too