63/64mm TB

TRC1418

Paid Member
I've been quietly watching everyone talking about these and it seems that many have a few negatives about the 64mm idle problems and being incapable of resetting it. I think I'll end up going for a 63 with the V6 airbox but not sure.

Where are people getting them from? And where are some people getting the manual cabled TB that the cup/r3 uses?

Parameters can be reset...

Idle problems generally just while the ECU learns but in a couple of cases they've not settled completely. Out of roughly 15 on here I think there's 2 or 3 that are still a bit erratic. As far as I know there's only 2 cars with a 63mm, Mattie and myself, the rest are 64mm. The 64's were all done in a group buy on here, the work was carried out by a lad called Gavin who does a lot of stuff for the Honda and Vauxhall forums...

Not sure where you'd get the cable conversion from, think Jenvey do one but it won't be cheap from them. Theres only been a couple of people do it on here so there's not a great deal of info' on it from what I've seen.

Parameters can be reset...

Idle problems generally just while the ECU learns but in a couple of cases they've not settled completely. Out of roughly 15 on here I think there's 2 or 3 that are still a bit erratic. As far as I know there's only 2 cars with a 63mm, Mattie and myself, the rest are 64mm. The 64's were all done in a group buy on here, the work was carried out by a lad called Gavin who does a lot of stuff for the Honda and Vauxhall forums...

Not sure where you'd get the cable conversion from, think Jenvey do one but it won't be cheap from them. Theres only been a couple of people do it on here so there's not a great deal of info' on it from what I've seen.

Have you had any problems with your 63? And what are you using for the airbox?

I know kevo did the cable conversion a few years ago before he sold his but he did say it was pricey, but I prefer the cabled version to be honest.

Nope, idles as standard and works perfectly. It settled well with the 64mm as well to be honest, just every now and then it'd idle slightly high if I was at a junction etc., maybe one in ten times. I just changed for the sake of it and the idle was bang on standard using the 63mm so I left that one on, I was happy with the 64mm though. I'm using the V6 Airbox with a K-Tec Panel.

im after £70 mate, they cost that much just to get it machined. and its fully working order, now and again it may idle like 200rpm higher, not high enough to attract attention, i lived with it quite easy, and the difference it made to the drive of the car. it was alot more revvy

And where are some people getting the manual cabled TB that the cup/r3 uses?

that would be a ph1 172 throttle body or a megane F7R throttle body
I have about 5 of them. You won't be able to run that on a standard ECU though, and if you get a decent ECU that runs FBW better you don't need to add a cable

I had a 64mm tb on for a few weeks and it made a massive difference for my car.
Until the electrics fried themselves anyway lol.
I'd get another though.

that would be a ph1 172 throttle body or a megane F7R throttle body
I have about 5 of them. You won't be able to run that on a standard ECU though, and if you get a decent ECU that runs FBW better you don't need to add a cable

I assumed you would have to change the ECU, most people switching to that EC1 package. How much are they?

im after £70 mate, they cost that much just to get it machined. and its fully working order, now and again it may idle like 200rpm higher, not high enough to attract attention, i lived with it quite easy, and the difference it made to the drive of the car. it was alot more revvy

I've PMd you