4 New Tyres soon....

I'd just stick with the CS3's tbh.. That's exactly what I'm doing when I'm due some at the end of summer.

CS3's are at the top of pretty much every wet weather test. Pretty good in the dry too.. Why compramise for the sake of £100.

Too many people are running the federals at the wrong pressures for the loading, they are designed to run at nearer standard tyre pressures during all applications, not lower track tyre temps as some people have been running them.

Have a look at the PDF on their website to get the best out of them, thats all I did and have never had any issues

What pressures do you run them on the road at ?

Too many variables to make a definitive decision, eg ps3s, sc5s are great all rounders, but neither last long on a harsh run or track use before losing capability. After running 595s since my ps3s I wouldn't bother with that level of premium brand again but I have been driving a number of years

What pressures do you run them on the road at ?

33 all round, under normal use. 30 on the front 31 on the rear on track, the tread still looks a very similar shape to when they were fitted, and they out gripped ad08s at high speed

Too many people are running the federals at the wrong pressures for the loading, they are designed to run at nearer standard tyre pressures during all applications, not lower track tyre temps as some people have been running them.

Have a look at the PDF on their website to get the best out of them, thats all I did and have never had any issues

Yes mate i see hence the split's in the wall.

I ran mine at standard pressures for road use as they were fitted at a tyre shop before my trackday. To be honest the cut in the side wall is only on the front right tyre not on all of them. The cut looks as if someone has cut it with a knife so it could have been some debry on track that cut it. Ill post some photos once I get my car back but I hope its ok to use as its a brand new tyre...

Fitted the new Continental to the fronts....backs were actually OK so can get some more miles out of the them. Well with the Clio only doing 1200 miles in the last year it doesnt really need any! haha

anyone tried the POTENZA ADRENALIN RE002 ? they do look good, my CSC5's are good at least for this spring / summer and tempted to go the bridgestone way with the next set...

I'm looking for 2 new front tyres at the moment.... i hate it. There's far too much choice and opinion and then even when looking at say CSC3's there's like 5 types in the same size on black circles with, i can't see what the difference is! haha

I'm looking for 2 new front tyres at the moment.... i hate it. There's far too much choice and opinion and then even when looking at say CSC3's there's like 5 types in the same size on black circles with, i can't see what the difference is! haha

It will be the speed rating and load index rating that's different.

anyone tried the POTENZA ADRENALIN RE002 ? they do look good, my CSC5's are good at least for this spring / summer and tempted to go the bridgestone way with the next set...

Not tried those exact ones but I'm currently running on RE070 (better than the Contis in everyway though I haven't tried them in snow) and have used various other top end Bridgestones all of which are great.

Last edited:
I'll re-check but at first glance they had the same speed and load.

I've heard good things about Hankook V12's so I might try them instead of the conti's.

Also there seems to be 2 new Toyo's out, T1's and C1's?

Conti 3's were the only other thing ive ever had on the 200 and loved them....but the money saver in me couldnt justify spending double the price of the V12s on tyres that were apparently only marginally better..