3" decat down pipe

H2XBY

Paid Member
I've been looking at the Rs Tuning 3" downpipe for when I put the r26 engine in the Clio.
Has anyone fitted this to a Clio yet? Just making sure there is not fitment issues

Thanks
Ian

I have one but no point unless your fitting a 3' exhaust to match. I'm part way through building a custom 3' exhaust but again depends on what power your aim for.

Thanks [MENTION=1286]litchy[/MENTION], I'm planning on getting the 3" custom exhaust to match.

No point really. Your limited to 300bhp/300 torques. Money better spent on getting 250 turbo for example....

Yeah you'd be better with a 2.75" system (purely for the noise) with the power your restricted to on the standard internals.

They're a bit louder than a 3" system and imo sound better.

Thanks I'll just go with the 2.75. Miltek the best option?

I was just going to get the 3" incase I decided I want over 300 ft lb in the future

Depends on budget. I'd personally go Supersprint, but I do have the Miltek because it worked out about £300 cheaper. Does sound nice though when you're booted it.

Quiet as on cruise

Had a mech tell me a 3" system is a bad idea as you need back pressure. Don't know if this is true or not, but he said 2.5" is more than enough, especially with one cat and nothing else (practically straight through)

He's speaking about n/a engines I'd assume. They need back pressure.

this thread is about a T lump

Cheers boys!
Are you's running centre box's aswell as obviously backbox's or have you got them straight thru to the backbox's?

mine has no cats and just a back box it has milltec 3" decat which is actually only 2.75 and 2.75 link pipe then cat back k tec system which is also 2.75 I think and mine is only 87db so don't worry about it being to loud for track days worry about getting more noise out of it!