283BHP Clio 197

perhaps thats for reliability and drivability

no point turning up the wick and making it unruly!!

Personally I would have thought it was massively overengineered if that was the case, an improved intercooler and and a remap is supposed to get 275bhp out of the Meg lump, who knows?

I love the fact that Ktec are now in the game...makes life interesting and I wait for Jamsports response. All of which will hopefully make things easier (and cheaper) for those who want to follow. So much of this is the unknown. Equally, we won't know after any of conversions have had 12 months on the road. I think there are still more questions than answers but its just what the 197 scene needed.

The only question for me is SC or R26 engine conversion. Heres one for you Clio with Meg 175 dci, remap\ Intercooler 200+ brake 400lbs torque...and 35mpg

Last edited:
The only question for me is SC or R26 engine conversion. Heres one for you Clio with Meg 175 dci, remap\ Intercooler 200+ brake 400lbs torque...and 35mpg

:scared::scared::scared::scared:

It would be a crime...OK, I'm definitely for the supercharger, but it needs to be a petrol fueld car.

Im even thinking that the 2.5 TFSI from the TT RS would make a nice transplant, ok ifs not renault engine but its a bloody good one with over 300 bhp standard.

I love the tuning scene for stuff like this, proper dedication. But everytime i've thought about doing it i've allways ended up at the same conclusion.....save my money and buy something that is quick as standard. i.e looking to replace clio with either an elsie or z4m!
I just think that its a bit of a money pit and that the money would be better spent on a different car. This is just my opinion and do have huge respect for people that make the sacrifices to have an outrageous car! Would love to tune up an Impreza though :smile: