225/45/17 toyo r888

I've always thought that this size shouldnt be a problem on the clio?
But after speaking to someone with michelin, apparently they catch when your on track giving it track abuse? (it was on a 200Cup the car they tested..) Might be because they're slightly lower?

Anyone running this size and had this problem?
Car is a standard 197 :smile:

TYIA

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure people run r888's fine mate, hopefully someone will be a long shortly to confirm.

EDIT: Sorry mate, I've just noticed you're talking about a different size from std.

Last edited:
on standard wheels just get 215/45/17 cant see the point in paying the extra for an odd bod size

on standard wheels just get 215/45/17 cant see the point in paying the extra for an odd bod size
other wway round woody, 215/45/17 is the odd ball size, 225/45/17 are the more common size and 225/45/17 is gernally cheaper

as for the question, i am pretty sure this only happens on really hard cornering on lowered cars

Last year I run with toyo 225/45R17 on my Clio 200 wheels: no problems

I took these because no stock of 215/45 when needed. But same price.

It will better fit on 8" wheel, but it's ok. I run on Mas-du-Clos tack and everday use (I put R888 for summer, I don't use the Clio a lot (15'000km/year, but 5000 with winter tires).

Check out my parts for sale thread. They will be on ebay next week if no1 takes them.

How can the tyre width gear up the car? surely that's the diameter? Is it because of more friction or something

/confused