215 40 17's improve handling

i was talkin to the tyre man in my worktoday and i was asking bout tyres for my car he said why dont you put 215 40 17 michelen tyres on as it would improve your handling from 215 45 17 as there isnt as much movement in the side wall when cornoring to you think this will work? or just a pile of s**t??

It would make the ride 'sharper' but improve the handling?

Impossible to say as handling is subjective, what works for one may not necessarily work for another.

Example being I far prefer my 172 Cup sat on 195/50/15 tyres as opposed to 195/45/16. That's because with the extra flex the higher profile gives I can feel it moving about more, can read how the tyres are working more so it gives me more confidence to drive it on it's door handles.

Give it a try, but don't expect miracles.

215/40/17

Im running 215/40/17 they make the car perform slightly better corning just makes it a very hard ride

i was talkin to the tyre man in my worktoday and i was asking bout tyres for my car he said why dont you put 215 40 17 michelen tyres on as it would improve your handling from 215 45 17 as there isnt as much movement in the side wall when cornoring to you think this will work? or just a pile of s**t??

It depends on the tire (movement of the side wall) but I would definitely prefer 225/45 - as example Bridgestone RE070 :thumbup: