2015: Car Insurance

24, 2 years NCB, 1 non-fault claim (all costs recovered from 3rd Party), 0 points and mine comes out at £900 (both parents named on policy too, although unsure if that makes a difference as I didn't get a quote without them on it).

Following my post yesterday, I actually managed to speak with my insurance co. last night after adding my 2 years NCB (policies over-lapped by a month so I had to wait before they could be added) - wasn't expecting any money back and had already come to terms with the £900, but they've given me a £160 refund! So all in for the year now stands at £740 - much better :smiley:

Most of you are lucky. I'm 20 with 2 years no claims and just paid £666 out! The devils number, I tell ya.

I think postcodes play a massive part in insurance premiums. I'm 33, 5 years NCD, no accidents/convictions, pay just under £400. But I live within one of the worst postcodes in the country.... It's a nice, quiet little village, but happens to come under that postcode.

Just renewed with Admiral for £260 fully comp with commuting and business use (needed for claiming milage at work). I live in Northern Ireland where insurance is always much higher than mainland UK, just check the small print on the TV ads to see how many don't cover NI.

33 yrs old and 11 yrs no claims.

Last edited:
Most of you are lucky. I'm 20 with 2 years no claims and just paid £666 out! The devils number, I tell ya.
Cheap, I paid 1400 on a dCi at 21ish....

Personally couldn't recommend anyone having never had an accident to need them, but Greenlight consistently quote me the cheapest even with mods and 'some' points.