2010 Gearbox advice

HGD

B-Roader
Platinum Member
Driving home from work today and the dreaded crunch in the gearbox has developed. The crunch only occurs on the 4th gear changing above 3k revs. Unless i change extremely gently then this always occurs so i'm sure the syncromesh is going/gone.

Car has only done 30,000 miles exactly and has a FSH only problem is she's 7 weeks out of warranty.

Plan to call Renault UK tomorrow morning. Any experience/advice/tips on what to say to try and get a big percentage knocked off the mountain of the bill which soon will be coming my way.

Can the local Renault dealer also offer me extra % off if I have a good history. Is it even worth attempting trying to get my local Renault garage to put it through as warranty?

Stuck here guys :nope:

thanks. Sorry didn't even look half a page down to a thread devoted to it

Pointless calling RUK as they need to speak to the dealer dealing with the car.

Get your car seen and a price off them and then ring them.

Pointless calling RUK as they need to speak to the dealer dealing with the car.

Get your car seen and a price off them and then ring them.

I disagree. I called them in the first instance and then booked the car in to be diagnosed. RUK like to be called first so they can liase with the garage from first contact, according to them when I called. Tbh I guess it really doesnt matter though before or after diagnosis.

However my result is great. Ray was my customer manager and managed to get me 75% contribution through RUK and 5% contribution from local garage. Only got to pay £513 for new gearbox and a new clutch for good measure.

:thumbup:

Nah car is 7 weeks out of warranty. I could push for more but I'm happy to settle for 80%. It's a huge contribution :smile:

So the full bill is £2,565?!

Sounds like they're having you on pal, have they given you a full breakdown of the costs? I'm sure I've seen bills closer to £2k on here.

Last edited:
So the full bill is £2,565?!

Sounds like they're having you on pal, have they given you a full breakdown of the costs? I'm sure I've seen bills closer to £2k on here.

I received a breakdown. He got the figure wrong on the phone. Im paying £413 not £513. :lol: Total cost is £2056 now.

They know it's a common falt and it's Not Fit for Purpose

I agree. Thats why customers that are calling them are receiving hefty contributions to stop a recall.