200, which top mount please?

my 200 was registered march 2010, I know the cut off is in 2010 at some point but don't know exactly when. Can anybody point me to a definitive answer please?

There is no definitive answer.

You'll have to have a look at your top mounts, that's the only way you'll know for certain I'm afraid.

In pretty sure it July 2010 onwards for builds that got the newer smaller top mount

As Willis said whip the scuttle panel off and check.

If you have the old bigger style you can have adjustable top mounts

Also didn't the newer cars get the newer tailgate badge? That could be a way of telling

Oooo search tool burning. Lol

:smiley:

thanks chaps. next question... what is a scuttle panel and is it easy to get off. I know I know i'm useless :smile:

No harm in asking!!!

If you've got the bonnet open and you're stood in front of the car, the scuttle panel is the black plastic that runs between the windscreen and engine bay. :thumbsup:

your car definately has old style of top mounts, top mounts were changed in the beggining of july 2010. my was registered in april 22, 2010, and also has old top mounts.

Don't encourage him Kenny!

I thought it was that bit but wasn't sure. I don't know what things are but I find a way to manage haha. Just replaced all my bulbs last week without removing the front bumper, after removing random bits of the engine bay and a lot of swearing lol

Ha yeah get used to the swearing bit, Renault like to make things difficult!!! :smiley:

I think you should just be able to pop up the corners of the scuttle to see the mounts without having to remove it completely. From memory it won't come off completely without removing the wiper arms anyway... Another ingenious bit of design there. I may be wrong, only had mine off once and it was a while ago now.

Cool, I'll have a looksie tomorrow and then maybe order some h&r springs and spacers if I'm feeling in the mood ha.

Kenny I found out there's a company near me called jade developments, my mum knows the guy who owns it Sean Cassidy. Apparently he works closely with renaultsport and has 20 years in motor racing with toca and pyro and builds clio cup racers! They're got 4 at the moment :smile: going to pay him a visit.

I emailed pyro a while back to see if they had any old wheels and slicks left but didn't get anything back off them. They are based near Hinckley I think. Burbage iirc

Ask him for some of the suspension they use......or if he has a spare sadev gearbox going spare....win!

Barwell mate. Mum gave me his mobile number, spoke to him earlier about popping in for a cuppa and getting him to have a look at my rear brakes I think one might be rubbing a bit.

From what I remember he said they use some kind of custom bilstein setup?
The gear boxes on our cars are **** aren't they lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Richie.
Mine is ok.....watch it blow up now on the way to work. Lol

Is have a sadev box in a shot of I had the chance. They are mental

Well, the Sadev Box might incredible, but for one thing - getting one of those in the car will not be so easy i would imagine, but thats just thinking, not knowing. What i know is that the Service Intervals of those Sadev's are mental. So nothing for Dailydriving!