200 pops and crackles

Hi, I'm new to my Clio 200 and I'm not particularly good mechanically with cars. I want the Clio to crackle and pop a bit but not really sure how to go about it other than exhaust, and would I need a whole exhaust system or just back box?

cheers in advance
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 332
hi..ideally you want the whole system..any aftermarket system will give you what you want..some more and some a bit less..check this: what exhaust

Really need to be renoving cats to make the car pop more... But obviously there are consequences to that..

Ahh yeah, it's my daily so I don't really want to have to remove cat, but I want a bit more of an exiting sound. Thanks for the help though

no problem..there is a crackle map available but not sure how it affects the noise...think if you get a non-resonated system you will get what you want..
have the same here and it sounds great...

no problem..there is a crackle map available but not sure how it affects the noise...think if you get a non-resonated system you will get what you want..
have the same here and it sounds great...
By non resonated you mean remove only the silencer right?(before the backbox)

By non resonated you mean remove only the silencer right?(before the backbox)

Yes.

A non-Res decat will get you what you want. Mine pops the most as I'm slowing down between 1.5K and 1K rpm in gear. It spits.

It'll also make a huge bang if you change just as you hit the limiter. Absolutely lovely to hear.

Probably no.
My friend has genuine setup but second cat was replaced with sport cat. He has abit louder and nicer deeper sound but no or barely pops

I took my resonator out of the standard system. Makes a lovely crack and bang occasionally when i depress the clutch ~3k revs and if i do a blip of throttle before changing down a gear it does a snap crackle pop. Sounds amazing and only cost 30 me euro.

*PREPARE FOR AN EXAGGERATED FLAT SPOT AROUND 2K REVS*

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes.

A non-Res decat will get you what you want. Mine pops the most as I'm slowing down between 1.5K and 1K rpm in gear. It spits.

It'll also make a huge bang if you change just as you hit the limiter. Absolutely lovely to hear.

I was searching for something else and came across this.

Just thought i'd chime-in: With manifold and resonated system (No map yet) - mine also pops, cracks and bangs occasionally.......all in a good way. And also pops on decel between 1-1.5k every time if in gear and coasting down

Last edited: