200 Gearbox Issues.

Hello I have got a few problems with my 200 gear box i have had the car about 14 months now.

First problem, once the car gets warm in 3/4 gear when your on the road and its about 4000 RPM in both gears when you let go to slow down there is a lot of noise coming from the box, I have taken the problem into renault Leeds before but they said it is a normal noise the box makes but ever other car i have owned does not make the noise. :S

Second Problem, Sometimes the ASP Light comes on with the Spanner light, once you stop and turn off the engine and turn it back on again everything seems normal once again. When the light comes on i feel like there is a drop in power.

Thrid problem, The car has got the Kangaroo effect it does it in 1/2 gear is this another design floor, Does it need to get looked at ?

In the last 14 months i have had one thing after another with this car but i really enjoy driving it and the power. I have been to the dealer over other things but they have sorted some of the other problems.

Please Help!
:bounce1:

Last edited:
gearboxes do have a slight gear "whine" on the over-run...well mine does!

but if its excessive then it needs looking at

have you tried harratt wakefield? see adam on service reception - he wont fob you off!

Common problem, mine was replaced due to grinding and crunching in both 3rd and 4th gears about 2 weeks ago. Get it done whilst it is still in warranty!

My car had only done 13000 miles!

The syncro is weak, but have been assured new boxes are stronger? lets hope so.

Good luck bud.

gearboxes do have a slight gear "whine" on the over-run...well mine does!

but if its excessive then it needs looking at

have you tried harratt wakefield? see adam on service reception - he wont fob you off!

The noise was there when i bought the car but it has got worse and louder since i have driven the car it has got 17,000 miles on the clock i use the car all the time.

Common problem, mine was replaced due to grinding and crunching in both 3rd and 4th gears about 2 weeks ago. Get it done whilst it is still in warranty!

My car had only done 13000 miles!

The syncro is weak, but have been assured new boxes are stronger? lets hope so.

Good luck bud.

I think the gear box mesh is made of cheese wire but i am going to get it booked in a see whay they say about the noise i have still got a year and 18 months left on the warrenty.