200 Front Bumper/ 197

Wings are different too from what I've heard, basically expensive.

Nice to see someone not slating the 200 front end for once though :tongueout: cliosport is full of it!

Tempted to try a front bumbper conversion and can get one for £120, just be a bit gutted if I buy it and it requires a lot of other work to get it fitted!

I've read (though never confirmed) in the past that the wings are different as mentioned but also the bonnet is more square.

And obviously the headlights are completely different.
You can get a pair of 200 lights for £300 ish I think so even if the bonnet and wings were the same it's still going to be around £500.

I've read (though never confirmed) in the past that the wings are different as mentioned but also the bonnet is more square.

And obviously the headlights are completely different.

Thanks, pretty much makes my mind up on that front! There's one on ebay at the moment too if anyone else interested.

Wings and bonnets are the same

Clio_200_cup_size_9.jpg

used_renault_clio_2_0_16v_renaultsport_197_cup_for_sale_92505296063141078.jpg

Wings and bonnets are the same

Clio_200_cup_size_9.jpg

used_renault_clio_2_0_16v_renaultsport_197_cup_for_sale_92505296063141078.jpg

Bonnet and wings are the same and thats why the 200 front looks 'arkward' where the wing meets the bumper and headlight (that funny bump). This I believe was to keep the cost down on the facelift till new clio's out in 2012.
Only thing I'd say is it will devalue your car by changing it plus buyers will possible think the cars been involved in an accident. IMO

I think it looks like just the bumper and headlights, but I also wouldn't bother. I like both front ends the same, so I don't think the money spent would be worth it and I doubt it would add any value either. Just my personal opinion though obviously mate and would be good to see someone do it.

Personally I think its the wrong way round. You want the 200 rear on a 197 or a 197 front on a 200 lol!

I don't dislike the 200 by any means, but I agree that the 200 looks a bit awkward due to the lights, the 197 is smoother, which I marginally prefer. As everyone has correctly said lighs will need changing at the same time. All I would say also is that that I hope the paint match is good as it will be very noticeable on the bumper/bonnet join.

Surely it would be cheaper to just buy a 200

Plus when you come to sell it on No one would want to buy a used 197 dressed uP as a 200. That would make me think it had been in a bump at some point.

Plus when you come to sell it on No one would want to buy a used 197 dressed uP as a 200. That would make me think it had been in a bump at some point.

Yep. And I'm pretty sure someone on CS has tried this and said it didn't work. As well as changing the lights, I'm sure they said something about mounting points IIRC.

Personally I think its the wrong way round. You want the 200 rear on a 197 or a 197 front on a 200 lol!

I don't dislike the 200 by any means, but I agree that the 200 looks a bit awkward due to the lights, the 197 is smoother, which I marginally prefer. As everyone has correctly said lighs will need changing at the same time. All I would say also is that that I hope the paint match is good as it will be very noticeable on the bumper/bonnet join.

+1

but you might be able to find a 200 owner if ur lucky to swap the front with!

Thanks for all the comments guys, very helpful and decided it just isn't worth all the faffing around, I like the look of my 197 just wondered how it would look with the 200 diffuser and had an offer to get one for very cheap. But I'll keep it just the way it is and not give it a ''facelift''.