200 Cup Seat belts in 197?

vfdesignz

Gold Member
Hello,

I bought yellow seat belts from a Clio 200 Cup and I wanted to fit them in my 197. But the connector is a different one:
2016022102293578kfa.jpg
left side is the connector from the yellow belts, right side is from my 197 (grey belts)

Is there a way around to make the yellow belts fit in my 197?

Are the number of pins in the plug different or the same? I'd be tempted to check the colors of the wires to see if they are the same. If they are you should just be able to splice them together and secure with a bit of electrical tape. Depends how comfortable you are doing that, or call an auto electrician to see what they'd recommend.

This is weird as I wouldn't have guessed that Renault would have different part numbers on these items...Maybe some belts have tensioners and some don't?

Where did you get the belts from if you don't mind me asking? I've been looking to get a set for quite some time but I can't find them anywhere. Thanks

I bought it from a chap in a german Renault Sport Forum. Just had to clean them.

Tensioners are the same. They look exactly the same, except from the belt color and the connector. Even the pins are the same on both.

dsc_4048ynsho.jpg

200 Cup
dsc_4144gys3i.jpg

Don't know if only the yellow ones have an other connector, or every Phase 2.