200 Cup/FF 200 with Cup chassis?

Hi all, this is my first post and I’m looking for a bit of help (apologies if this subject has already been covered!!).

How can you tell if a FF 200 has a Cup chassis? I’ve heard that the Cup pack comes with red painted callipers, but is this optional?

The reason I ask is I’ve been looking to test drive a 200 Cup, and as I can't find one locally I decided to test a FF 200 with Cup chassis instead. However, I noticed the car I tested didn’t have the painted callipers. Is it possible to spec the Cup chassis without the painted callipers, or is the dealer trying to pull a fast one? Is there any other way to tell if it has a Cup chassis?

Also, has anyone recently placed an order for a Cup? I’d be interested to know what kind of price I should be looking to pay for a Storm Grey Cup with Recaros and Speedlines.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

get yourself in the gallery mate, there's very options and body colours on the cars in there.
i am new to renaults myself, but i am pretty sure that if it was a cup pack, it'd have painted calipers, as you have mentioned (red).
a normal cup will have black mirrors and rub strips on the doors, and will come with a traditional key, manual mirrors and so on. ff has keyless go. also, you can't get cruise control on a boggo cup.

hth, stu.

Dealer was trying to pull a fast one imo.

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s a Cup I’m after so the main point of test driving the Full Fat 200 was because it had the Cup pack.
Can anyone else confirm whether or not you can get a 200 with Cup pack and not have red Brembos?

Firsty, welcome!!! :smile:

Cup Pack = Red Brembo's.

You cannot specify the colour of your calipers. Non Cup = Aluminium. Cup Pack = Red. :wink:

Also, on the 197 the wheel colour changed from Silver to Anthracite with the Cup Pack option, however I'm not 100% sure if this is still the case with the 200.

I've heard of people putting in special orders to have red calipers without the chassis but not sure if it has actually happened :\

Might be worth asking one of the RUK guys over on the renaultsport forum as they should be able to confirm if it's possible to do the above.

Thanks Willis. I did read that the Cup pack includes the anthracite wheels but I'm not sure if they're also an option without the Cup pack.
If you look at the said vehicle in the photo the wheels look like anthracite to me, but it doesn't have red Brembos.

picture.php

No probs. :smile:

I think you can get the Anthracite wheels as an option, I can't remember now to be honest as when I priced up a 200 I only priced it up with the Speedlines... There was a few wheel choices though, 4 or 5 different options I think.

If it has cup chassis it will have red brembos - end of.

However, as above, I too have heard of people asking for red brembos but not the cup chassis. Also people ordering the cup chassis but ordering the silver non-cup wheels.

No one, I imagine, would order the cup chassis but want to keep the calipers silver, that would just be:tongueout:inky:

Try using the Renault website to spec a new one and see what you can and can't get.

On a test drive, just head for some pot-holes and you'll know which chassis it has! :wink:

As above, it should have red callipers, anthracite wheels as standard also unless they've been swapped which is easy to do at a dealers if they have a couple of cars (as I suspect happened on the grey one above).

Cup chassis is slightly lower too, but it would take a keen eye to spot.

Its def a FF! The anthracite wheels are a possible option so not much of an indication, but the cup has black plastic strips down the door not painted and then there's the calipers! Dealer was either trying to pull a fast one or he (or she just to be PC) didnt know what they were on about!

The way I understand it is that there are 3 different types of 200.

1: 200 Cup, basic inside, hard dash, key = no start/stop button, black plastic strips on the doors with cup badges on the B pillar and no cruise control but with red calipers (cup chassis)

2: Clio 200, soft dash, keyless = start/stop button, colour coded door strips, cruise, optional various electrical stuff and various optional headlights, aluminium calipers (non cup chassis) and various different wheel options.

3: Clio 200 with cup chassis (full fat), All the above of the Clio 200 but with red calipers showing that it has the cup chassis.

Oh and 4 if you count the Gordini = everything you can think of with 2 stripes over it!

I just popped into a Reno dealer and they gave me a Renaultsport brochure and price list, it's all in there. Simples.

You haven't had a straight answer to your question.

The car you tested did not have the cup pack. Simply, if the red callipers are missing and you want the cup pack, look elsewhere.