197 Tie Rod Length

I need a Tie rod for my 2008 197, My auto factors (very good) supplied the only one
they have listed for the 197 and its too long.

The tie rod in my car is 235mm and the one supplied was 310mm

rod_zpsimtz70hj.jpg

The guys went through every Renault tie rod in stock and nothing matched.

Anyone come across this before?

I recently replaced tie rods in my clio197.
I bought genuine because there was not aftermarket tie rods for clio197 available.
I am quite sure only genuine are compatible for 197.

_smaller.jpg

Cheers, ordered from the dealer this morning.

Strange the auto factor/Febi book lists them for a 197 even though they are wrong.

My parts supplier told me when i gave my car registration that there is no any aftermarket options available.

I've said it many times before never ever look up eBay, Amazon, motor parts stores of after market parts supplier website systems without knowing the genuine Renault part number the Renaultsport cars are never listed correctly and in my experience goes all the way back to the 16v Clio (Williams) things like brake pads, springs and ABS sensors etc., always find the genuine part number and cross reference that with after market parts. TRW make the genuine track rod inners but they don't list it as an aftermarket part my guess is that the manufacturers are not allowed to sell the parts aftermarket if they are the genuine supplier unless the part is used on other cars. I worked for a company in the OEM/R&D dept and helped develop the Tyre pressure monitors (TPM) sensors on Laguna, Clio, Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge Viper in 2001 I road tested sensors in the 2003 Viper prototype in Detroit while launching production fitment to the Jeep Cherokee at JNAP plant two miles from the Viper factory (Connor Road) but anyway we never sold sensors to aftermarket only to the car companies directly and we had to supply spares for 10 years.

Reactions: Jimmy