197 mirrors on a 200?

JB40k

Platinum Member
Hey all, I know this has been asked before, I just can't find the thread, neither Google nor the Search button seem to be my friends!

I've been after a n/s mirror assembly for my 200 Cup for a little while now, however breakers don't seem to be carrying them and Renault are literally pulling my trousers down for a new one... Looking through eBay there's an abundance of 197 mirror assemblies; I was wondering if I bought a set, would they fit? Do the mounts and manual adjustment switch line up?

It 'looks' like a straight swap, and it's certainly looking more economical to buy a pair and have them resprayed if need be!

Thanks in advance!

they fit, i just dont know if say a electric unit will have the manual adjuster on it to fit the manaul adjustment lever. there is a few 200 style wing mirrors on ebay, have you tried looking for a basic model wing mirror?

they fit, i just dont know if say a electric unit will have the manual adjuster on it to fit the manaul adjustment lever. there is a few 200 style wing mirrors on ebay, have you tried looking for a basic model wing mirror?

Excellent, thanks Ryan! I haven't yet, that'll be this afternoons task now!

like ive said, the mirror bases are the more or less the same, but not sure on if electric mirrors have the manual adjustment on them?

Looks like the electric mirrors have a different set of internals, I'm going to steer away from them... Standard Mk3 assemblies are in the region of £80 a pair new on eBay, which is a definite post-Xmas purchase!

I've got the manual 197 mirrors on my 200cup -straight swap...

I do quite fancy the idea of a set in RB to match now though!

I had a similar issue when trying to get some for mine.

I know for a fact the 200 mirrors fit on the 197 because the chap who sold me my replacement 200 assembly took them off a 197.

As for the "other models" Well to be honest all the Clio 3's have the same mirrors, so it's just a case of finding one.

Any of the mirrors will fit but some have different looms etc. I.E a manually operated cup mirror assy would be no good to me as it doesn't have the motor to operate the glass.

Good luck.

If all else fails mate I have a full assembly (as mentioned on CS) but it's got electrically adjusting mirrors. You may be able to extract the casing.

could be worse!!!!! could be clio 4 with those huge MIRRORS :blink:

clio3 197 mirros are same as megane and a few others in the range

could be worse!!!!! could be clio 4 with those huge MIRRORS :blink:

clio3 197 mirros are same as megane and a few others in the range

Not the whole mirror surely?

The covers are interchangable, the megane ones have an extra swage line in them but fit, the doors are a different shape to be totally the same i mean.

Similar Thread Suggestions