197 Manifold

dan2810

Platinum Member
Hello guys, just found out today I need a new manifold for my 197. Anyone know how much this is going to cost. I'm expecting to be expensive.

The mani ain't gonna be cheap, I think mine (going back 4years mind) cost nearly £600 and then labour on top!!
That was at a Renault main dealer though.
I think the final cost of the warranty work was close to £1000.

I've had the same problem.

The flexi pipes on my manifold were shot, I spoke with my local Renault dealer and Renault UK as even though my car is 5 years old, it had only done 40,000 miles so I was surprised it went.

Renault UK came up with a 70% contribution to the final cost at my local dealer for the new manifold which was around £1100 total.

Found them more than helpful seeming my car didn't have warranty.

Problem is labour, worth trying for a contribution from Renault first, especially given low mileage. Removing and refitting the manifold is around 4 hrs work, plus the time to chop out the old flexis and replace with new, which isn't as easy as it sounds.

I had also thought about getting the manifold out and having new flexi's welded in, which is the route I would have gone down if Renault hadn't come up with the contribution.

It would be worth speaking with Renault, because for what it will cost to have the manifold taken out, new flexis welded etc, I had a new manifold fitted at my local dealer for around £350 which was the remainder I had to pay.

Just as a note I'm thinking of repairing manifold flexi's for a very reasonable price once my Tig welder has arrived

Last edited by a moderator:
close guys, new manifold cost £750, £250 for labour and thought while the car was ripped apart would get them to do water pump and timing belt. Nice £1350 and 2 half days work

Mine failed at 74k miles on an 2006 - 197. Bought a manifold from RenParts off a 200, (08 plate) - My local garage charged £150 labour which dropped subframe and replaced like for like. I couldn't be bothered with repair, so sold my manifold on for £50.

close guys, new manifold cost £750, £250 for labour and thought while the car was ripped apart would get them to do water pump and timing belt. Nice £1350 and 2 half days work

Did you actually pay £1350 of your own money for all that?

Is there away of checking if the manifold is blowing?

If you could (quite quickly) block both tailpipes, say with you foot you'd be able to hear if manifold was leaking.

If you can get under the car to see the manifold you normally get a soot build up around a leak or blowing joint so you can see were it is leaking.