197 lowered and spacers

Just had the car lowered guys and thinking of spacers now. I think the rear needs to be pushed out a little.

Has anyone had experience of spacers before and if so war would you recommend?

Scott.

Cheers for the replies lads. Any pictures? Also I need longer wheel bolts? Or am I being retarded.

Depends on what type of spacers you go for.

From what I understand, there are 2 types...

Ones that have a longer bolt that goes straight through the wheels and the spacer to the hub.

The other type (supposed to be stronger) has a set of bolts that attach the spacer to the hub, and then you just bolt the wheels to the spacer using the normal bolts.

Anyone else feel free to correct me if im wrong :tongueout:

They are hubcentric. I would never go for a spacer that isn't hubcentric - the wheel will be unbalanced and you'll get vibration through the steering wheel

Hubcentric means the spacer replicates the hub so the wheel sits centrally and gives the same effect as the original wheel/hub.

Like these.

You are probably thinking that these are the only type of hubcentric spacers.

The wider ones tend to have two lots of studs, one to hold the spacer on and the other to bolt on the wheels, they do this to spread the forces on the hub/bolts but you can get say a 25mm spacer with longer bolts but the ones in the link are better made.

HTH.

The basic difference is that hubcentrics have that step next to the inside hole which holds in concentric (Central) on the hub and then hold the wheel concentric with the spacer. Non hubcentric spacers are free to move around the bolt holes and can cause an inbalance

Ok I've spotted the difference

With this kit you will receive one pair of hubcentric spacers complete with centreing collar and fixing bolts. The spacer fixes on to the hub with the bolts provided, and the wheel fixes on to the spacer with your existing bolts

OUR PRICE £106.00

With this kit you will receive one pair of hubcentric spacers complete with centreing collar. The bolts pass through the spacer into the hub. You may need to purchase longer bolts separately as none are supplied with this kit.

OUR PRICE £86.00

Which one is the best one to get?

Ok I've spotted the difference

With this kit you will receive one pair of hubcentric spacers complete with centreing collar and fixing bolts. The spacer fixes on to the hub with the bolts provided, and the wheel fixes on to the spacer with your existing bolts

OUR PRICE £106.00

With this kit you will receive one pair of hubcentric spacers complete with centreing collar. The bolts pass through the spacer into the hub. You may need to purchase longer bolts separately as none are supplied with this kit.

OUR PRICE £86.00

Which one is the best one to get?

The first one is the one I would choose. Having longer bolts puts more strain on them and makes them more likely to break.

Edit:

I just realised I basically answered this on page 1 haha