197 Lacking Power - Air filter cap coming off

Yeorge

Paid Member
Hi Guys,

Fairly new on here but need some help. I was driving my car today and did about 300 miles in today in this heat about 27degrees.
I noticed when trying to over take that it was lacking power massively, so pulled over to check it out and realized the cap for the air filter box had come off, I clipped it back in and was fine for the next 30 miles or so and then happened again.

I finally tied a piece of shoelace around it to keep it in place, but was wondering why this would come off? Not sure if it was too hot or what?
I do have an aftermarket Panel Filter but has been no problem in the past few weeks since I have installed it.

Cheers!

Are you sure the filters installed correctly and you put the tray in the correct way?

Yeah the filter/tray is pushed in as much as possible and the cap is on the correct way as it has the two little inserts that hold the pannel in place, as I said never had a problem until today :worried:

If it helps, mine's been popping off a lot lately. There's a specific point on the throttle where you get a really loud induction note... It's how I know if it's come loose again!

This has happened to me before aswell! Car sounded real meaty lol! Looked under the bonnet and see that the airfilter lid had come off. I was glad to see it still there and not lost down the road somewhere!

the clips are pretty tight at the side, make sure its clipped in, giving it a hit each side with your hand