197 horrible engine noise, video inside. HELP

Morning!

Well on Friday, the r27 started making a weird noise, then stopped it again, I thought typical French car, doing weird things.

However, this morning, on the drive to the gym, the below happened. Was driving along at 30, turned on the front screen heater, smelt an awful burning smell and then the noise happened. I turned around, into a mini cloud of smoke, it was 2* at this point, whether that had anything to do with it I don't know, and nursed the car home, where it is now sat until I know what to do! It the sound is coming from the left hand side of the engine, my housemate thinks an alternator bearing may have gone, it drives fine, just makes this god awful noise.

Any help would be great, I'm in the middle of nowhere, so don't have an option to get it taken anywhere just yet, and won't take it to the nearest Renault place. Dan at 519 is closest to me, and I am calling him this week for le cambelt to be done, so if I can find out what's up with it before hand, I can ask him to fix it for me at the same time.

Cheers!

th_IMG_1028_zps1ae9d37a.jpg

Yep, had someone else say the aircon pump after looking at it tonight, was sparking apparently. Time to get it trailored to 519!

Thanks for the reponses!