197 had a few changes today

c197mark

Renault Parts Advisor
Platinum Member
Took the clio into work 2day to get the gearbox checked because ive got poor gear change from cold :thumbdown: they change the gear box oil to see if that will help it so ill find out tomorrow morning how that goes :confused1:, but while the car was in the workshop and work was quiete i thought id make the most of it and fit my new led interior lights, so now my interior is now like a sunbed, then after lunch i realised i had a cup front splitter in stock so took advantage of the quite workshop and had that fitted too while the tech was doinh that i de-badged the tailgate and fitted my new r.s.renaultsport badge. ill get pics tomorrow as it was dark when i finished work so will do them tomorrow lunch time.

Sounds good mate, perks of the job eh? Do you get any discount on the new badge? I'm tempted to get my gearbox checked as quite often it pops out of third way to easily...

Sounds good mate, perks of the job eh? Do you get any discount on the new badge? I'm tempted to get my gearbox checked as quite often it pops out of third way to easily...

as for the gearbox mate id get it checked theres quite a few tech notes from renault on the 197 box, and i think poppin out of gear is one on them

Sounds good mate, looking forward to seein the new badge. Hope the gearbox is ok. Also man thats a whack of discount, awesome.

as for the gearbox mate id get it checked theres quite a few tech notes from renault on the 197 box, and i think poppin out of gear is one on them

Hmm don't sound too good, maybe a job for after xmas then if that's one of the symptoms...

And that's some discount lol I'd pay that now for one!

Sounds good mate, looking forward to seein the new badge. Hope the gearbox is ok. Also man thats a whack of discount, awesome.

it seemed better on the journey home but it wasnt that cold, im hoping it needs a new box while its still in warrenty :thumbup1:

its seems a bit better now its had an oil change ill take it out over the nex few days and give it some abuse see how it goes lol

lol its good as gold when warm, had a talk with our rte (renault techincal expert) and he said the synchros in the box are so tight that when its cold it causes it to be stiff from cold

Similar Thread Suggestions