197 exhaust tips

just popped mine on.

didnt file the thread all the way down so it was flush as i wanted a snug tight fit, and if it was too tight I could always file a little more. mm's of difference.

Anyway, they look great, but by hand do seem very wobbly and i have set them pretty far back. about a fingers depth behind the top lip of the diffuser.

If they fall off no biggy, but will get two jubilee clips asap for the b*ggers

Seller would not offer overseas shipping to Finland :/
Would someone help me and order those & post to FI ?

These are 100% direct fit to 197 standard exhaust?

Got mine today! Just trying to fit them, but the threads do protrude onto the inside of the bore. I am struggling to fit these...they seem too small!

EDIT: How far back/forward have people set theirs? I take it they shouldn't come further out than the diffuser?

Last edited:
I got one on! I see now that the idea is not to use the included bolts...they have to be pushed on and wiggled into place.

Did you use the bolts on yours Ash?

Cheers for the help. They're on!

I was having trouble because I don't have a file. I used pliers to basically remove that bit of metal with the thread on. They pushed on with a bit of persuasion. Thanks again.

Ordered these on Sunday and they arrived today, pretty fast delivery.

Gonna have a go at fitting them in the week or this weekend. Got my free bag of Haribo too which was cool :smile:.

Last edited:
Got mine today. Plus the haribo. My first mod. They fit a treat, in fact über fit. Nothing a wack with a rubber mallet didn't solve. Super swift delivery too.

Took a while to get around to doing it but fitted mine finally. And got to say what a cracking little mod and so easy to fit that even I managed to do it :smile:

just bought these, cant wait to get them fitted. just wondering whether they are likely to cause any damage to the original pipes they are being fitted over by being forced on as described? just in case I change my mind later and want to remove them, I don't want there to be great big scratches down the sides of the originals.

Cheers,
David

The metal on the exhausts is black anyway (or appears it). It doesn't seem to have marked mine, and I mine took some persuasion. No visible damage done.