197 cup kerb weight and weight reduction

What's the actual weight of a 197 cup 1220kg??
Any tips on weight saving? Was thinking varley red top, lightweight wheels, exhaust
I have the non recaro seats so guess they must be pretty heavy?

Reactions: Sterling
Seems like a lot of expense for little gain. You'd be best making sure the boot is empty and putting less petrol in and saying no to passengers I reckon. I really don't think you'll be
able to tell any difference.

1. take a dump
2. be slim
3. be slim and short
4. remove a leg/arm and be slim and short
5. remove interior trim

Get a hair cut, on a serious note rear seats weight a ton!

on a serious note as said interior trim like rear seats make a big impact on weight and only having half a tank of fuel can save 25-30kg!

I'm removin the interior of my clio including stereo and speakers etc. I'm goin to fit a blanking plate on the HU. The rear seat belts can come out and isofix bar etc too.

Im also looking into red top battery which save a good 10kg.

also going to remove the recaros and fit fixed seats and a half cage when I decide which to go for. Thinking about the KTR half cage but its expensive. Has a proper harness bar though which is what I want.

Yeah I already run with no additional junk in the car and only half a tank of fuel max. Interesting about the standard seat weight though

Yeah but I want to fit proper seats and harnessss and fixing to the isofix mount isn't safe.

the Ngle of the belts could snap the seat which is why I want a harness bar.

Mine with KTEC half cage and harness bar (e-bay find!). Very sturdy piece of kit. Not lightweight!

2013-07-30124844_zps133d7573.jpg

Looks like a nice set up. A good eBay find there!
how much does it weigh?

also how did you fit the seats? Did you make an adaptor to pick up the OEM seat holes in the floor?

cheerz

Last edited:
I didn't weigh it mate before it went in but it's substantial. Mind you the sports seats that came out weigh more than the moon but make good arm chairs.

I've had them fitted for me. Pick up sat so can take some pics then. They're fitted using box section which has been machined to use the original bolt holes and bolts. Clever how they've done it by channeling the underside to allow easy ish adjustment of the seat positioning if needed.